Iray Uber Base

This probably can't be done, but I sure wish it could. Is it possible to take a shader like the Iray Uber Base which I use all the time and place it in the menu as an icon at the top of my DAZ window? Does it involve some long drawn out utility or something? It seems that everything I use requires the base to be applied first. Sure would like to be able to punch a button at the top of the window and have it apply. Thanks for listening and not laughing. Denise

Comments

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

In Studio, You can right click on the icon  for the Iray Uber base choose create Custom Action

It will then be in your top menu under scripts so you can use it from there

• ToborTobor Posts: 2,300

You can do that already, but the method is a little convoluted if you want it in a toolbar. Start first by right-clicking on Iray Uber Base in the Content pane, and choosing Create Custom Action. This adds the item to the Scripts menu (and creates the Script menu if you didn't have one before).

You may now move the icon to a toolbar. I won't get into exactly how to do that, but you can look it up in the Documentation Center. You start by choosing Window->Workspace->Customize.

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

Thank you both so much! Denise

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 764
    dvitola said:

Sure would like to be able to punch a button at the top of the window and have it apply.

You can, and even take it one step further:

1. Right-Click the Iray Uber Base shader

2. Select Create Custom Action in the context menu

3. Click on Window option in the Main Menu

4. Select Workspace / Customize

5. Click on the plus sign (+) next to Custom in the list of Actions on the left.  Your custom script function for the Iray Uber Base will appear

6. Right-Click the Iray Uber Base function and select Change Keyboard Function

7. Enter your desired keyboard shortcut, click Accept, and voila.

Now, depending on the shortcut you chose, you're just one keypress (or more) away from applying the shader to any surface.  :)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314

Do not forget that you can access the iRay Uber base, and many others of your iRay shaders throught the presets tab on the "Surface Settings" pane. It is typically in the surface settings when you need access to the shaders, so this is a convienent place to access, browse and use them.

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

I have to thank you all so much for answering my question. This is a great forum! Thanks again, Denise

• goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18

Hey all ;stupid question I guess,were do you get this Iray uber base shader?

John

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

It's in "Default Resources for Daz Studio 4.9" (which replaced "Default Lights and Shaders for Daz Studio").

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

The "Create Custom Action" thing sounds like it could be useful. :-)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,605
    Jan19 said:

I use it all the time for things I use often. I have all 3 genesis base figures in it, the dynamic script from rendo, and a few other items I tend to always use.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386

What Workspace Layout do you guys use? I don't have the 'create custom action' option when I right click on the icon. I use the 'City Limits' layout.

edited May 2016
    Jan19 said:

I use it all the time for things I use often. I have all 3 genesis base figures in it, the dynamic script from rendo, and a few other items I tend to always use.

Is the method to right-click, Create Custom Action, then go thru the steps you want to record as a script?  I looked in the doc center, but didn't find a step by step to create a script.

How can I tell DS the script is complete?

I'd love to record some point at scripts, for lights, especially. 

What Workspace Layout do you guys use? I don't have the 'create custom action' option when I right click on the icon. I use the 'City Limits' layout.

I use City Limits, too, changed up a little.  I watched a DS video, saw some modifications I liked, and mimic'ed them for my layout. blush

I can right-click on a preset icon and get the Create Custom Action, at the very bottom of the list. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 500

Which video Jan?

edited May 2016

Which video Jan?

The one that Colm Jackson made, illustrating basic uses of his IRay Render Studio.  I liked the way he had his screen set up, so I moved some things around.  I seem to be able to work (or play?) more effeciently now. smiley  I'll see if I can find the link.  The vids are in a thread, in this forum.

Here it is.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/83901/render-studio-iray-overview-video#latest

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72

I have tried several layouts and the Create Custom Action is not on the list. I'm using 4.9. Has this been discontinued? 

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328

I have tried several layouts and the Create Custom Action is not on the list. I'm using 4.9. Has this been discontinued? 

Its in the list for me in 4.9 when I right click on the icon.

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72

OK - I found that it only works when you right-click the item on the Content Library tab (which is included in the City Lights layout). Right-clicking on any other tab, even if it shows the same thing like Uber base will not show Create Custom Action on the menu...