Locating Obj on start up.

I have a huge scene that uses a number of .OBJ objects. Now I've since backed up those objects and formatted my pc, so the objects are no longer in the same locations as they were. When Daz starts it says it cannot find x file and asks if I want to locate it, but with OBJs it doesn't seem to work the same way. It just gives a long list of objects it cannot find with no option to locate them, and then when the scene starts, it substitures those objects for massive blue rectangles. 

How do I tell Daz where those .OBJ files are?

Comments

• If they were in content directories you could just place them in the same relative folder in one of your new content directories, if not then you may need to edit the files or simply reimport to replace the bad reference (importing from a content directory this time so the references are relative).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

To help with finding where they belong, the errors will also be listed in the log file Help > Troubleshooting > View Log.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856

If they were in content directories you could just place them in the same relative folder in one of your new content directories, if not then you may need to edit the files or simply reimport to replace the bad reference (importing from a content directory this time so the references are relative).

Thanks for the help. When you say edit the files, are you saying there is a way to go into the actual file and change the target manually? 

mjc1016 said:

To help with finding where they belong, the errors will also be listed in the log file Help > Troubleshooting > View Log.

Thanks, that will come in handy

Another question, is there a way to save the scene so that everything is saved in one file/folder so that I don't have to go through this again?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    bradrg said:

Another question, is there a way to save the scene so that everything is saved in one file/folder so that I don't have to go through this again?

The problem is then it won't work if you change the location of that folder.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    bradrg said:

The problem is then it won't work if you change the location of that folder.

Nor can you share scene files. 

By not actually packing the content, but having it be pointers, scene files are able to be shared.