I can't Delete objects....

I've just begun using Hexagon and I'm trying to create a half-cylinder. I selected the faces from the front half and did Extract, and I now have two objects: Shape 0 (the original cylinder) and Form 1 (the extracted half). I can move Form 1 around. I can copy/paste it. But when I hit the Delete key or select Edit>Delete ... nothing happens.

What have I missed?

Thanks for your help,

CrissieB

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

You need to be in object selection mode and have the object selected to be able to delete it.  There was no need for you to extract the facebefore deleting; simply select the faces in face selection mode and delete.

objectmode.jpg
    371 x 411 - 27K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited March 2016

I think I see where you are, you are in face selection (with no faces selected). Change to Object Selection mode and press delete, also try CTRL+C and CTR+V (X for cut) rather that Extrude.

obj-select.jpg
    1915 x 1003 - 156K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

Thank you both for the help. I figured it out before I found your comments. Now if only these forums would notify me when someone replies to a question....

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Thank you both for the help. I figured it out before I found your comments. Now if only these forums would notify me when someone replies to a question....

Bookmark the thread  

Then go to your profile / Edit Profile / Notification Prefernces    and tick how you would like to get the notifications  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/preferences

• CrissieBCrissieB Posts: 195

Wow, thank you, Chohole! :-)