Fern Lake & Through The Woods (Commercial)

123457»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2016

Thank you Stefan! 

Edit: I was selecting the group, not each instance, so the Instance wasn't showing up under Display.

Post edited by Novica on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2016

What are node instances? Should I turn those on for the backdrop- what do those do? EDIT: Never mind. Don't know why nothing happened the first time I clicked them ON, but they showed up the second time.

Post edited by Novica on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited March 2016

Glad you got it sorted out, Novica!

Here's another. I removed the instanced leaves in the front and added bear cubs. Only the one in front is LAMH and it added almost a minute to the render time. A whopping 3 1/2 minutes.

pathinthewoods-2cubs-1lamhcub-ue2-speclite-AL2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 198K
    Post edited by Spit on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

I love scripts..now. :)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

you want to check instance preview in the 'instancing' paramaters, not the visible option in 'display'

I set it up this way to make viewport navigation easier,with everything visible and a clothed figure it gets pretty slow,

I did get a fellow PA to make a script that hides/unhides all of them at once ,which was quite handy,will see if they have any plans to make it available

Thanks for the picture - sometimes pictures are clearer than words.

(and yes, poke the PA, pretty please)

I must admit Fern Lake is better than I hope for...excellent textures. Applied Sub-D and Push mod to some close up trees, adjusted the water shader to suit my tastes. Adjusted Stefan's old Castle Ruins. Lit by HDRI.

fern lake copy.jpg
    2000 x 851 - 1M
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Nice one Pete , looks like a late summer day in forgotten old garden , nice accent with the Castle ruins  

Szark said:

I must admit Fern Lake is better than I hope for...excellent textures. Applied Sub-D and Push mod to some close up trees, adjusted the water shader to suit my tastes. Adjusted Stefan's old Castle Ruins. Lit by HDRI.

Thanks Cath. Yeah it needed something extra and something I have never used before. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Szark said:

That looks REALLY nice, Szark!

Knittingmommy thank you. I thought about doing some post work on it using Nik tools but thought better of it just to show the raw result. 

• RadioactiveLilyRadioactiveLily Posts: 351
    edited March 2016

I'm blown away by the quality of this set.  I wish I could have gotten this kind of realism out of Vue. lol

Tried to replicate a dusk feeling to my lighting and quickly catching a photo of a hawk before she swoops off.

Fern Lake 1.jpg
    1840 x 1052 - 987K
    Post edited by RadioactiveLily on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Bought a couple of Animals in todays Sale to let them roam...

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Do either of these sets load with any HDRI or lights of any kind?  I played around with them a bit last nite but couldn't find any reference to lighting in the setup but when I loaded a light set from Iray worlds it didn't make a difference, I merged it into the scene and couldn't find it in the scene tab to adjust and the skydome was still the standard one that loads, so I tried changing the image in the render settings and then it just rendered black.  Obviously I am doing something wrong, can anyone tell me what steps to follow to add lighting to these scenes? Other than not knowing how to add lighting to this set, the Fern  Lake did render initially with just the standard lighting in iray in about 3 minutes for me

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889
    It doesn't include lighting. Honestly, I found just using sky/sun worked fine. Be sure to turn dome on for a white or blue backdrop.

I used an HDRI from Another Set (I belive Crescent Cove)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@Will, I will try the sun/sky which I don't think I have played with yet

@Renomista did you load the duf file or just change the HDRI in the render tabs as I tried that and it rendered black on my

I'm blown away by the quality of this set.  I wish I could have gotten this kind of realism out of Vue. lol

Tried to replicate a dusk feeling to my lighting and quickly catching a photo of a hawk before she swoops off.

nice soft ambeint lighting, creates a really nice mood.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,831

I finally got my video uploaded after 3 days of fighting my abysmal internet

first iray then OrDS then OR4C, lushed it up with replicators may try making duplicates for the instances another day

Kharma said:

@Will, I will try the sun/sky which I don't think I have played with yet

@Renomista did you load the duf file or just change the HDRI in the render tabs as I tried that and it rendered black on my

Crestcent cove comes with dufs(?) in the Lighting IRay Exteriors Category. I used that. But these are only Render Presets. So loading the HDRI and maybe tweeking a xouple of other parameters should do the job also

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272

Wow fool surprise I've been hypnotized on an endless loop flying as an insect through all the Fern Lake. Bravo!

Great clip and great show to grasp all the possibilities.

Excellent products Stefan! ...and Cath, thanks a lot.

• erik leemanerik leeman Posts: 262
    edited April 2016

Here's an Octane for DAZ Studio render of Fern Lake (my first one, I'm slow).

Great stuff Stefan, as always, thanks!

Fern_Lake_01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 643K
    Post edited by erik leeman on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited April 2016
    fool said:

I finally got my video uploaded after 3 days of fighting my abysmal internet

first iray then OrDS then OR4C, lushed it up with replicators may try making duplicates for the instances another day

Wow that was impressive!

Post edited by IceDragonArt on