Texturing with DestinysGarden

Comments

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

My next challenge was , add  bump map, with use same pattern as mask to only bump about metalicity area,,

and I hope to more tiny but clear flakes on diffuse area with keep base color,, this time,, I use  frakes color map ,, ,to limit frake area,,

I felt not bad,, so,, so.. frown (but not good,,) ,, need more self study,,, untill next lesson,,

clothbump.PNG
    737 x 535 - 115K
    flakescolor.PNG
    863 x 576 - 263K
    DGleaning2.png
    800 x 1035 - 1022K
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wauw you guys have been busy while I've been asleep.

Looks great everyone :) 

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Destiny- thanks for the nice compliments, I am going to try the 3 point light setup along with the HDRI lighting and see what I can come up with.

Kit - thanks you for the help with the mettallic flakes and metallicity tips

dracorn - very nice work on the sheer skirt

beautiful work to everyone and so fabulous of everyone to jump in with tips from their own experience in the challenges :)

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2016

I was there all the time, you just didn't see mewink.

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. Great images everyone!

Did my homework!

16_destiny garden class.jpg
    1979 x 700 - 530K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited March 2016

Welcome Kismet. I think there is still room in the second row for you. You don't have to go all the way to the back.

I got a chance to look at the Fantasy Tower, and I don't think it will be hard to texture. It should be fun.

Dracorn, that is amazing.

I don't know.  That group in the front row is pretty rowdy but I'll give it a go.  *moves to 2nd row*

Finished my homework.  I opted to try using a curtain.  Everyone has done such a great job on their projects.

DG Texture Tutorial 8.png
    1000 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Hey now, what's wrong with rowdy?   lol.  NIce job on the curtain. 

Xmasrose great example of how the ligting affects the shine

Hey now, what's wrong with rowdy?   lol.  NIce job on the curtain. 

Xmasrose great example of how the ligting affects the shine

Not a darn thing.

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

Kismet.

Wait.

A fancy bird cage with a snazzy new curtain lit by gold and silver lights, sitting on a garbage can lid?

I'm obviously missing something...

/goes back to being a model student

So, Destiny...  We have a donor for the tower tutorial?  That's excellent!  I bought Hexagon...oh...almost a year ago.  Haven't done a blessed thing with it yet.  Might be time to change that!

This is turning out to be a good month for making progress learning stuff!

"D"

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    edited March 2016

Another render.....playing with different tiling values in different parameters.

Metallicity tiling:  Tiling set to 1

Base Color: Tiling set to 2.5

DGChallenge1b.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 454K
    Post edited by TabascoJack on

Another render.....playing with different tiling values in different parameters.

Ohhh I WANT that carpet and pillows lol!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love that everyone is putting their own spin on the assignment with the same resources! 

@kitakoredaz I like the way that dress turned out.

@kismet2012 We aren't that Rowdy, yet.  Give us time to warm up. I'm sure we'll get worse.  Nice curtain!

@TabascoJack I'll have to try that! I haven't tried changing the tile to different numbers on both layers, yet.  Cool effect!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

The pillows are stock.  One of the Dream House furntiture addons.  I really do like the effect on the rug though.  smiley

The pillows are stock.  One of the Dream House furntiture addons.  I really do like the effect on the rug though.  smiley

But they go so well with the rug lol!

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

Hi guys,

I'm checking in real fast, and sorry to go MIA on you yesterday. The short story is my parents unexpectedly wanted to come over for dinner yesterday, so we ended up making them turkey, stuffing, gravy, and brussel sprouts. I need to step out to go help them at their new house. I'm thrilled with all the reults so far, and I'll comment more later.

cheers!

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited March 2016

I hope to stick my third pic,,untill teacher return,, ><:;   because,, it seems shine flake clear,,on diffuse,, wit size,, what I hoped to make in this lesson,,

I could do it by adjust flake weight map,  (it was difficult by tweaking flake size and density, only),, and all yours works seems more elegant than me^^;,,

I really confirm,, I have no design senese..  (DEMO GAMBARUYO!! )

DGstudy3.png
    800 x 1035 - 1M
    Post edited by kitakoredaz on

I hope to stick my third pic,,untill teacher return,, ><:;   because,, it seems shine flake clear,,on diffuse,, wit size,, what I hoped to make in this lesson,,

I could do it by adjust flake weight map,  (it was difficult by tweaking flake size and density, only),, and all yours works seems more elegant than me^^;,,

I really confirm,, I have no design senese..  (DEMO GAMBARUYO!! )

I like this dress! I think its great that you were able to get it to sparkle this much.  She looks ready to clubbing.

Hi guys,

I'm checking in real fast, and sorry to go MIA on you yesterday. The short story is my parents unexpectedly wanted to come over for dinner yesterday, so we ended up making them turkey, stuffing, gravy, and brussel sprouts. I need to step out to go help them at their new house. I'm thrilled with all the reults so far, and I'll comment more later.

cheers!

I'm coming to your house for dinner.... No brussle sprouts though please lol.

Filter Forge 5.0 is on sale for 80% off...1 day left for anyone interested

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited March 2016

For any interested, here are the upgrade prices from 4.0.

FFUpgrade.PNG
    594 x 431 - 35K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Thanks for the heads up!

• I just stumbled into this forum yesterday. Guess I'll be coming around more. I didn't know you could do this. And checking out this thread in particular. Just finished reading all of it.

Is there a link directly to the sale because I'm not seeing this on FF site?

Is there a link directly to the sale because I'm not seeing this on FF site?

https://filterforge.com/buy/

ffsale.PNG
    748 x 483 - 134K
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I didn't do the math, but I see 75% off, not 80% off following that link.  Not going to quibble over 5%.

I probably won't be buying it just yet anyway

Capture.JPG
    1520 x 813 - 181K

For some reason, my browser doesn't show the sale price which is why I was curious.  I thought I was going to the wrong page.  However, going to your link does exactly the same thing and isn't visible in my browser.  I was just curious.  I actually have 4.0 and I'm not upgrading any time soon.  I guess it is time to change browsers again.

• If you have an older version and you contact them, they will give you a special price even if there is not a sale. At least they did me. Not sure if it makes a difference what version you are upgrading to. I think I went 3 to 4 and then I upgraded at the special price before version 5 went public.

edited March 2016

This just got even more strange. I'm getting 2 different discounts in 2 different browsers. Chrome shows 75% while Firefox shows 80%. Firefox also displays 1 day left, while Chrome shows expiring today.

chrome_ff.PNG
    1914 x 1038 - 492K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on

Lets hope Firefox is right because I am off to bed.  I didn't see that price earlier. Going to try and grab it tomorrow.

So firefox gave me the $79 price this morning so I will load this up probably tomorrow as I will not be home til after 8 tonight.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

So firefox gave me the $79 price this morning so I will load this up probably tomorrow as I will not be home til after 8 tonight.

That's great Sonja, I spent a whole day playing in FF and barely scratched the surface of it so if you come up with any great tips would love to hear them