Little confused!

AngelmanAngelman Posts: 42
edited March 2016 in New Users

Can I use clothing from the Genesis on the Michael series character. Also i just purchased the Battle armor package and when I try tho change the color of the armor from the materials that I selected, I am getting " Error, check log for more details" not sure what that is about. Where can I find the LOGS? or is there a fix for this. I know it probably something that I'm doing wrong so any help would be great. Thanks guys/gals

Also I am looking for an old style sling shot, ya know like the one David used aganist Goliath, and suggestions?

Post edited by Angelman on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Clothing is usually made for the base figure...Genesis, Genesis2 and Genesis3.  This allows it to be used on the various morphs...Michael and all the rest.

To change the color you may need to have both the item selected in the Scene tab and the surface/surfaces selected in the Surface tab (depending on how the preset was made).

The log can be found under Help > Troubleshooting >View Log.

• AngelmanAngelman Posts: 42
    mjc1016 said:

Clothing is usually made for the base figure...Genesis, Genesis2 and Genesis3.  This allows it to be used on the various morphs...Michael and all the rest.

To change the color you may need to have both the item selected in the Scene tab and the surface/surfaces selected in the Surface tab (depending on how the preset was made).

The log can be found under Help > Troubleshooting >View Log.

Thanks for the help,

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,347

"Error, check log for more details" when clicking on an icon to change the color of clothing, usually means that you do not have the clothing selected in the Scene pane at the time. If you are new to Daz Studio, you might not yet know the difference between "Wardrobe" and "Materials". The icons may look the same. If the items have metadata, you should see small text at the top that differentiates wardrobe from materials. Wardrobe items are the clothing, and you have to fit the clothing (Battle Armor, for example) to the figure (Michael, for example) first. Then you can select the wardrobe item in the Scene pane and apply one of the material files (i.e. colors) to the wardrobe item. If you click on the material icons when you don't have the wardrobe item selected in the Scene pane, you will get the error message that you got.

• AngelmanAngelman Posts: 42

Thanks barbult..that is very helpful

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,347

Good! We all like to help, because we all still remember when none of it made sense in the beginning. laugh

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,128

Can I use clothing from the Genesis on the Michael series character.

It depends on which Michael you're talking about. If you mean Michael 3 or 4, then no.

Michael 5 is a morph for Genesis 1 and can use clothing made for Genesis 1 directly.

Michael 6 is a morph for Genesis 2 Male and can use clothing made for G2M directly.

Michael 7 is a morph for Genesis 3 Male and can use clothing made for G3M directly.

If you want to use Michael 5, 6 or 7 with clothing made for a version of Genesis which is not the one that Michael character is based on then you will need to autofit the clothes (which might require purchasing autofit clones, depending on the figures involved).