Uber Volume question

Hi all,

I have a scene that needs smoke in it. So I created a primitive sphere that takes up the scene but have my camera outside of it. I then apply the shader omnifreaker > UberVolume > !UberVolume Smoke. But there's never any smoke in the scene. I've even tried turning the density in the shader options from 0.030 to 0.1 but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957

What lighting are you using?  You may need something that is ray-traced, plus be sure (sorry if this is obvious!) that you are usign 3Delight as render engine.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957

Had a quick check and lighting does not seem to be an issus, so ...?  As it's only using DS default stuff (camera, sphere primitive, spotlight and uvr volume shader), let's see if I can attach the scene file ... and no, I can't - getting "Internal error, could not move the file"

What I did was create a primitive sphere (2m, 36 segments and sides), select it in Surfaces tabe and applied the !UberVolume Smoke shader (the sphere then goes invisible in viewport). Rendering (in 3Delight, of course) with and without a light (I used none so the default headlamp or a 'basic' spotlight), with and without using shadow-casting on the light had the volume show up.