Outlet and Quick Grab Discussion

1…414243444547»

Comments

  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 9,960

    Exactly three items I didn't already havein QG this week - a shape set, a metallic shader, and a G9 outfit.  Bought the latter immeditely, I think the other two have both already been cheaper in the PA sale this month. 

  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 13,651

    Don't forget Wednesday is the last day of the month so the Outlet Store will probably change then.

  • joannajoanna Posts: 2,800

    Charlie Judge said:

    Don't forget Wednesday is the last day of the month so the Outlet Store will probably change then.

    Yup. And it might be the UTC midnight, not Daz midnight, so don't get caught by waiting till the last minute.

  • kprkpr Posts: 475
    edited September 29

    Lorraine said:

    I found an item from my wishlist in the QG for 99 cents...made my day :)

    So did I - Thanks for the prompt smileyyes 

    richardandtracy said:

    I like the KA horse field. It's less common to have wide open spaces in DS and rather nice. Regards, Richard.

    Already own it - Gorgeous and very useful product, especially if you have prop-trees/bushes etc you can use along with it. Well worth getting yes

    Post edited by kpr on
  • Just a reminder: It's the last day of the month, so there may be an outlet changeover today, and it could be worth snagging anything you fancy - just in case.

    Regards,

    Richard

  • richardandtracy said:

    Just a reminder: It's the last day of the month, so there may be an outlet changeover today, and it could be worth snagging anything you fancy - just in case.

    Regards,

    Richard

    It might change be before Daz Midnight, like QG. To be safe, I would buy any OS early today. 

  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 8,163
    edited September 30

    Agreed. I'm now broke, but the 4 items look excellent.

    Regards,

    Richard

    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,953
    edited October 1

    Well, it's doing... something. 

    Go into OS, limit to WL only: same selection as the past month.

    Go to WL, sort by price: same selection as the past month.

    Filter the Shop page by $0-$1, limiting by WL: same selection as last month

    Put WL items in cart: Items at the $1 tier go up in the cart. Items in the $2 tier stays the same. In the $3.49 tier, everything goes up.**

    Will be interesting to see what happens when Daz Midnight rolls by.


    **YMMV, I'm not going to take the time to test the whole store LOL. Might just be my limited selection that's doing this, but... 

    Post edited by SilverGirl on
  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,955

    The selection appears unchanged, but my Daz+ expired promptly at midnight GMT/UTC. Good thing I got my treasure earlier in the day!

  • LorraineLorraine Posts: 1,088

    Some new things in there, one i grabbed immediately.

  • SilverGirlSilverGirl Posts: 3,953

    Lorraine said:

    Some new things in there, one i grabbed immediately.

    How did you search, out of curiosity? Because I'm still not seeing anything (and would like to!)... 

  • LorraineLorraine Posts: 1,088
    edited October 1

    I'm still buying for G8 so I searched for that and found this https://www.daz3d.com/fashion-basics-classic-boots-for-genesis-81-and-victoria-81 which I hadn't seen before. I think. Maybe. I'm now second guessing myself but I really like the boots and they are now mine :)

    Post edited by Lorraine on
  • ElorElor Posts: 4,184

    99-99,199-199,349-349,499-499

    If you copy that line and paste it into the price field of Easy Filter, on the front page, you should be able to see what are likely the new outlets items (mixed with the quick grabs and possibly discounted items that ended with such prices through discount).

  • I am not an experienced DAZ buyer. So maybe it's me? I don't understand the point of the outlets that offers me products at the original list price, only with an "outlet" logo on it.

    Can/ may someone explain this to me?

    Thanks in advance!

  • ElorElor Posts: 4,184

    lina.catfish said:

    I am not an experienced DAZ buyer. So maybe it's me? I don't understand the point of the outlets that offers me products at the original list price, only with an "outlet" logo on it.

    It's a bug: it means that these products were part of the Outlet selection in the past, but when they were removed from the selection, instead of losing the outlet logo, they kept it.

    On top of that, another bug means that items currently listed on the Outlet page are the September selection of Outlets, not the October one. Some items kept their status as outlets, other lost it, which explain why we're seeing items without an outlet price in the current selection. And why you can see items with Outlet prices outside of that selection.

    Hopefully, someone at Daz will fix it, meanwhile, if you want to see them, the easiest way is to use a third party tools like the Extra Shop Filters, which allows to only show only items priced in a price range of your choice.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/742841/extra-shop-filters-bookmarklet

    Last time a similar problem happened, when Daz fixed it, the selection didn't retain all items who had, for a couple of days, an Outlet price but it's impossible to know if it'll be the case this time too.

  • Elor said:

    [...]

     

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/742841/extra-shop-filters-bookmarklet

    Last time a similar problem happened, when Daz fixed it, the selection didn't retain all items who had, for a couple of days, an Outlet price but it's impossible to know if it'll be the case this time too.

    Thank you for this wonderful and quick explanation!

    It's interesting to see that this issue was known a year ago (!) and someone wrote a script for it. And both still exist. That must have been the case back when the Internet was 'invented'. I will call my mother in the evening and exchange experiences :) I love the retro vibe.

  • Torquinox said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    @Torquinox I might not pick it up until tomorrow but I will let you know how Hawkeye works out. 

    The blurb also says it is designed for both male & female, which is a plus

    No rush for me, though I'm sure you're anxious to get it. Thank you and I agree! smiley   

    I still haven't tried it out because I can't get it to install. DIM always goes to Retry if it even starts the install. I even uninstalled a bunch of things I wasn't using in case there wasn't enough space, but it didn't help. Sadly, I may just return it. Oh well. I think I have some much older Wildenlander clothing sets; maybe I can convert/autofit them & update the shaders. 

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,955

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    I still haven't tried it out because I can't get it to install. DIM always goes to Retry if it even starts the install. I even uninstalled a bunch of things I wasn't using in case there wasn't enough space, but it didn't help. Sadly, I may just return it. Oh well. I think I have some much older Wildenlander clothing sets; maybe I can convert/autofit them & update the shaders. 

    Thank you for the followup! Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I may have some much older Wildenlander clothing, too. Shader updates are a great idea! If you're like me and grab shader sets when they're on sale, you probably have plenty of options!  

  • Torquinox said:

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 said:

    I still haven't tried it out because I can't get it to install. DIM always goes to Retry if it even starts the install. I even uninstalled a bunch of things I wasn't using in case there wasn't enough space, but it didn't help. Sadly, I may just return it. Oh well. I think I have some much older Wildenlander clothing sets; maybe I can convert/autofit them & update the shaders. 

    Thank you for the followup! Sorry to hear it didn't work out. I may have some much older Wildenlander clothing, too. Shader updates are a great idea! If you're like me and grab shader sets when they're on sale, you probably have plenty of options!  

     I do have https://www.daz3d.com/wild-hunt-wildenlander-for-michael-3 & https://www.daz3d.com/wild-hearts-wildenlander-for-m4 plus lots of shaders.

    I have the RSSY gen4 to G3 converters as well. For most outfits, I have then been able to autofit to G8 and even G9. I am picking up https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-3-and-michael-3-clones-for-genesis-8. In addition to the clones it has some clothing, metal, and mail Iray shaders. So I can ease my disappointment by making those new again. 

  • TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 4,955

    @miladyderyni_173d399f47 That sounds like a good answer to me! I didn't know about the V3/M3 clone set, but that might come in handy, too.

     

Sign In or Register to comment.