Would like help with artistic scale indication...

CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143
edited February 2016 in The Commons

I am racking my brain trying to think of a way to add some sort of size indicator that will fit in with the theme of Shadowrunner LolTroll, or contemporary, scifi and magic. Trolls in this world setting are huge like average 9ft 2in. A fairly tall guy would be standing about the bottom of her chest. The image is obscured because I want her to be a surprise, but I think you can see the gist of it here. I thought of adding the Millenium Cat, but a) it's dated now (hinthint) and b) cats come in all sizes. I thought of adding a skull, but then I thought maybe too violent or something also wouldn't make sense in the current setting. Anyway, so I decided to ask the community. I decided on no living humanoid figure, she needs to stand alone as the base is all, like a figurine. (The base is Base Camp with tiles topper just fyi). General theme is black, yellow and red if that's handy to know. Just want to show scale within the parameters. Thanks all!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nSG7Dkb.jpg[/img] or

http://i.imgur.com/nSG7Dkb.jpg

http://imgur.com/nSG7Dkb

Scale issue.JPG
553 x 710 - 39K
Post edited by Cyrinadia on

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,849

Your attachment is not showing. Try deleteing it and uploading it again.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Any object of commonly known and easily recognizeable size should work, it would probably depend on what you have in your content library.  If you want it to blend in, make it something that would make sense, and you might need more than one object.  For example, items scattered about the ground (things that would be found on a street corner, if it's shadowrun?  litter, drink containers, a post office or newspaper box, etc.  Or something in the background like a building corner, street sign, etc. but that would probably distract from the rest of the figure and be harder to judge scale on.  Or if you were thinking a skull, perhaps you are ok with a collapsed opponent on the ground, which could be human sized to give scale.  Or if it is a corporate interior it could be any set of office equipment, etc.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Also carried personal items; equipment, weapons, communications, maybe even ornamentation like a pendand made out of a found item that is easily recognized.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417

Parking meter? Fire hydrant?

• adding a primitive, like a Cylinder, define your high in desirable units like Feet or Meters, all objetc in ground, place near your figure, scale figure at your wish for matching the primitive, bingo.

other way is place a plane, the value on Y move slider indicates centimeters...

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875

You could try using something like Muelsfell Display Plinth or Muelsfell Victorian Display to replace your current display base. The wall of the first wouldn't give an exact scale but would do well to convey just how huge she is. The street lamp of the second would give a good idea of scale and while it's victorian, it would also be sort of appropriate since those types of gas lights aren't unusual in either Seattle or Vancouver.

• ValandarValandar Posts: 1,417
    Sisca said:

You could try using something like Muelsfell Display Plinth or Muelsfell Victorian Display to replace your current display base. The wall of the first wouldn't give an exact scale but would do well to convey just how huge she is. The street lamp of the second would give a good idea of scale and while it's victorian, it would also be sort of appropriate since those types of gas lights aren't unusual in either Seattle or Vancouver.

As a long time, avid Shadowrun player (since 2 wks after first edition was released), the second one is PERFECT for your needs.

• CyrinadiaCyrinadia Posts: 143

I managed to finish her, she's in my gallery. Thanks for the ideas.