Genesis UVs

thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Maybe I'm missing something, but in DS you can select a different UV set to use for genesis. I can find no such option in C8.5. Is this "just the way it is" or will there be some method of switching UVs? Or am I missing something?

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You're not missing anything.
    I don't wait for DAZ, takes far too long.

Open studio, set up genesis with the UVmapping you want and save out as DSF.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

save as scene DUF - then it will show up in smart content - so you can just load it from there

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Thanks, both, for the information

bigh said:
    save as scene DUF - then it will show up in smart content - so you can just load it from there

Blech! I hate studio. Yeah, it's installed because you currently have to, but I really dislike it. I suppose just run through for each UV map, but still annoying. And what about when C8.5 is no longer beta? Will it still require DS? (Rhetorical question only)

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

In Carrara, you need to load the figure with the UV set you want to work with, ther'as no ability to Swap UV's "on the fly"

So, you would load Genesis , or M5, or V5 etc.. depending on what UV's you wanted to work with.

what about when C8.5 is no longer beta? Will it still require DS?

The plan was to retain Carrara as a stand alone application, which can access Genesis through the Daz content management system.
    Right now,. the only way to add Genesis and the CMS to your system is to install Daz Studio,.

but, development continues on the 8.5 beta, so hopefully we will see a separate (optional) route, from Carrara to Genesis without the need for DS.

:)

• thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:
    In Carrara, you need to load the figure with the UV set you want to work with, ther'as no ability to Swap UV's "on the fly"

So, you would load Genesis , or M5, or V5 etc.. depending on what UV's you wanted to work with.

what about when C8.5 is no longer beta? Will it still require DS?

The plan was to retain Carrara as a stand alone application, which can access Genesis through the Daz content management system.
    Right now,. the only way to add Genesis and the CMS to your system is to install Daz Studio,.

but, development continues on the 8.5 beta, so hopefully we will see a separate (optional) route, from Carrara to Genesis without the need for DS.

:)

Thanks for the reminder to be patient. Sometimes difficult as I really want to work with genesis. Now to install the mountain troll and have a go with him :)