making textures for mfd?

I want to make my own textures for the mfd for genesis but i have no idea what to do and cannot find any information in the forums by searching. any tips or pointer would be great appreciated thank you so much

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

tutorial on my site, if it helsp, link in my signature to Choholes space.

Any further help you need, just ask here.

BTW, I make mention of Snow SUltan's Seam guide templates,   they are available here http://www.snowsultan.com/3.html

• thank you so much :)

You're welcome.    One super thing about the MFD is that all versions (with the exception of the Steph petite one) take the same textures, so a texture done for the original Vicky MFD will still work on the G3F one.

• Chohole, I use Poser 11 and have just started to explore the wonderful world of free textures for the MFD, of which yours are grand. But I've noticed something odd: the transparencies in many of the older textures are off and need adjusting in the material room. For example, the skirts of your Gibson Girl MFDs come in as 100% transparent and need to be reset to 0%. Do you know if Poser changed the way it handles those things? Do they still work fine in Daz?

edited September 2016

Sorry I can't help you with that  I use an older version of Poser and don't use DS.  However my Son does use DS and it is him who made the DS textures to match my poser ones, so I would imagine that the DS ones are fine.  The Poser ones are made as mat poses, and mostly made in Poser 6 using Shader Spider.   THere is no chance of them bing updated as I still ony use P8, as Poser is not my main program.  In fact I have been known to whisper that I use Poser as a plug-in for Bryce, and if I used DS that would also only be as a plug-in.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538

Chohole, I use Poser 11 and have just started to explore the wonderful world of free textures for the MFD, of which yours are grand. But I've noticed something odd: the transparencies in many of the older textures are off and need adjusting in the material room. For example, the skirts of your Gibson Girl MFDs come in as 100% transparent and need to be reset to 0%. Do you know if Poser changed the way it handles those things? Do they still work fine in Daz?

There is a common problem in later versions of poser in which a trans set at 1.0000 makes the entire garment invisible even if there is a transparency map that should make parts visible. This is a preview problem & usually doesn't affect the render. The work around is to set one transparency to 0.9999

This may or may not be your problem

• I am assuming that the basics are the same for Daz studio templates yes?  The important bits being the ones in photoshop?  Doing this is on my list of things to get serious about this winter now that the outdoor season around here is winding down into winter and cold weather.

• Chohole, entirely understood. What you've done and shared is great. It's not hard to tweak mats for Poser 11, so I'm really not complaining.

Pwiecek, that sounds like something to watch for. Thank you. I'm fond of Poser 11's comic book mode, which uses the Preview engine for speed's sake, so know a fix is great.