Bryce & What can I do with it

Tobias.BaronTobias.Baron Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,

I´am a beginner & try to get my first experiences with daz3D. In Animation software I only know iClone (Reallusion). Some members in the german iClone forum told me about Bryce, cause I wanted to create a guatemaltecan Maya-Landscape.

I´ve got some questions about Bryce. I would be very pleased if I could get some informations.

1. I need a Bryce pdf tutorial.

2. I´m working now with a windows vista 32 bit system. I create films with another PC, with another windows version,- windows 7 64 bit.
Does the Bryce download version "Bryce 7.1.0.109_Win32" runs on windows 64 bit?

3. There are so many contents like vehicles, animals etc. Can I move these animals - for example a Bryce-lion through my own created
world? I only know & use iClone for movements. Is Bryce a tool like iClone to produce complete animation films with Avatar
movements, paths etc. ??? I only know that Bryce is a tool to create landscapes. ???

Kind regards
Toby

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

So many questions.

Let's start with the last first Figures you need to import, either through Daz Studio (via the bridge) or by using poser and creating an obj to import.

Bryce can be very much more than a landscape program in the right hands

You can do animations in Bryce. I am not one for doing animations, so someone else should guide you on that.

THe best advice I can give you is to visit the Bryce forum and see what goes on over there.

THey are a very friendly and helpful Bunch Oroboros is the one to help with animation.

We have a long running render thread will give you some idea as to what others do with Bryce.

Forum is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/38/

Render thread is here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hello,

I´am a beginner & try to get my first experiences with daz3D. In Animation software I only know iClone (Reallusion). Some members in the german iClone forum told me about Bryce, cause I wanted to create a guatemaltecan Maya-Landscape.

I´ve got some questions about Bryce. I would be very pleased if I could get some informations.

1. I need a Bryce pdf tutorial.

2. I´m working now with a windows vista 32 bit system. I create films with another PC, with another windows version,- windows 7 64 bit.
    Does the Bryce download version "Bryce 7.1.0.109_Win32" runs on windows 64 bit?

3. There are so many contents like vehicles, animals etc. Can I move these animals - for example a Bryce-lion through my own created
    world? I only know & use iClone for movements. Is Bryce a tool like iClone to produce complete animation films with Avatar
    movements, paths etc. ??? I only know that Bryce is a tool to create landscapes. ???

Kind regards
    Toby

no you can't use it like iClone
    you can't do animation of figures ( like Genesis , V4 , M4 ,so on )
    yes Bryce will run on wins 64 bit - but only in 32 bit mode - so can only use 3G
    yes you can do some nice -Landscapes in Bryce.