Translation key frame problem

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

If I change the Y translation value for one key frame for Aiko 3 in Daz Studio 4, the Y translation value changes for all the other key frames. Is there some way to avoid that?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,822
    edited December 1969

Sounds as if there aren't any keyframes for teh node you are using. Try selecting the node and clicking the Add keyframe button in the frames where you want the movement to start and stop, then apply the translation to the frame in the middle.

• edited December 1969

This is what I've been doing: On frame 1, I select the entire character and set the Y translation to 1 (the character moves up) and I create a key frame. And I set a key on frame 10 for Y translation to 1. Then on frame 5, I make sure the character is still selected and I set the Y translation to 0 and when I check the other key frames, they now say 0. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I don't understand what you mean by "node." I do know that I tried the same thing with Genesis and did not have the problem.

• edited December 1969

I figured it out. Moving the character by selecting the character name in the scene list overrides all the other key frames. However, selecting the character by selecting all its components / children in the list instead of clicking on the character name makes a key frame without affecting the other key frames.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,822
    edited December 1969

I suspect you were either alt-clicking to zero the translation at frame 5, which wipes all keyframes, or you were not using the same node in all frames.