DS 4.9 Smart Content: Grey-scale icons, with the DAZ Connect icon; Double-click, and bupkis

So what the hell is going on here?

I re-imported my metadata from my content library, and the overwhelming majority of my content is displaying (in Smart Content) grey-scale icons, with that DAZ Connect icon in the upper-left corner.  I double-click the icon in Smart Content, and..., absolutely nothing happens.  Unlike 4.8, I do not see the content for that object/content.  In other words, as far as DS 4.9 is concerned, it does not exist.

Somebody better explain this to me.

And you'd better have a better response than 'merged with <some other thread>, with not even a vestige of the original post for me to go back to (which has already happened once, and I did not appreciate it; my original question is GONE, with only an email to let me know that you had redirected it somewhere else, and deleted the original post).

Have I just made a dreadful mistake by upgrading to 4.9?  It is certainly starting to look that way....

Comments

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited January 2016

Okay where are you looking in the Smart Content Tab? Down the bottom you should see the options ALL - INSTALLED - AVAILABLE - UPDATES - PENDING

If you select installed you shouldn't see any greyed tabs just what is installed on your system.

If the majority of your items are not there, maybe try reimporting your metadata as it may not of migrated over.

To reimport metadata - Use the dropdown on the top right hand side of the tab and select Content DB Maintenance.

Then tick only Reimport metadata and after the process finishes it may take a few minutes if you have a fair bit of content. Check again in the installed Tab to see if all of your installed smart contnent is visible.

SC01.jpg
    678 x 504 - 37K
    REimportmetadata.jpg
    281 x 281 - 6K
    Post edited by Design Anvil - Razor42 on
  • DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817

The other thing that could be happening is that it won't start installing a product until the metadata fetch is complete. Normally that is something that happens pretty quickly (compressed the metadata and thumbnail image are about as large as two of the product images in the store's catalog), but since a ton of people are getting that metadata the server is bogging down so it may take longer than we were expecting.

Is there a message in the status bar at the bottom?

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957

This happens to me sometimes and I have to re-import the metadata. It's annoying as all get out. Oh, and sometimes the re-import works and sometimes it does not--meaning the smart content will remain grayscale. And for the record, I never chose to update, the DIM somehow must've done it for me. Thanks, loads. And please don't move or delete my comment. Or berate me for adding something to this conversation. I'm sure it's happened to others as well.