DAZ Studio 4.9 Pro, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    RAMWolff said:

I'm going to  try one more thing... I've uninstalled DAZ Studio and and all of the plugins that went with it like GoZ ... and then created 3 folders on my desktop: Program Files, Program Files (x86) and AppData and moved all that was left over from those three locations over to them.  I'm about ready to reboot the computer and then install all over again.  I'll bring up DAZ Studio and see if I can point it to the right directory for the content

You should probably uninstall postgres, too.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited January 2016

Canceled installation.

Restarted installation.

Got an error message about being unable to unpack DAZpostgresqlCMS_9.3.4.exe

Went in and manually deleted said file.

Started installation over again

And again it is hanging at the point where it installs the CMS

Ticket time?

Yes please. Zone Alarm?

I fixed it by manually uninstalling Postgres over the uninstaller's strident warnings that it was a bad idea

And our AntiViturs is McAffee

Though now it seems to be stuck on connecting to CMS on start up, but that may be our net connection, which gets a little flakey when the weather's bad

Probably my last edit on this post.
    Installed, started, and now waiting for User Data import since my categories were all empty - which didn't surprise me what with deleting the database and all.  Import will probably take quite a while, which is okay.

Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    barbult said:

DS 4.9 will not let me apply a material preset to the Morphing Fantasy Dress (MFD). It pops up an error message saying files are missing. Then it wants me to install MFD for Genesis and MFD for Genesis 2 and even the (already installed) MFD for Genesis 3 Female, which is the installed product that I am trying to use at the time. MFD for Genesis and Genesis 2  products are not required to put a texture from the MFD for Genesis 3 Female onto the dress from MFD for Genesis 3 Female! If I do not install the "missing" files (I click on Skip), it will not load the material.

This may be related to a bug I reported during the beta, in which multiple versions are not all being displayed.  There are usually separate presets for G1/G2F/G3F, so the preset being shown in Smart Content may be for a different figure.  I'm afraid I haven't checked yet whether that bug was fixed.

Even if I go to Content Library for the G3F MFD and try to apply a material file from that product (the other two products aren't installed), I get the error. I tried every single material file (3Delight and Iray) included with the product and all give the error. Some apply the visibility portion of the material (Cutout Opacity 0), but not the base texture. I can even go to the Surfaces tab and see that a Normal map was loaded for some of the textures. I even tried rendering, in case the texture was a shader that didn't show up in the viewport. Nope. It renders white.

• Upgraded with no particular problems. The one thing I particularly want right now is a way to get rid of that bright green "Login" button that I will never click.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited January 2016
    RAMWolff said:

I'm going to  try one more thing... I've uninstalled DAZ Studio and and all of the plugins that went with it like GoZ ... and then created 3 folders on my desktop: Program Files, Program Files (x86) and AppData and moved all that was left over from those three locations over to them.  I'm about ready to reboot the computer and then install all over again.  I'll bring up DAZ Studio and see if I can point it to the right directory for the content

OK.  After some trial and error I got it done but I guess now I'll need to reimport all my meta data as MOST of my stuff is not there incluging DAZ and other figures.  There are some things that are in the Smart Content pane but nothing I use. 

The trick on how I overcame this seemingly bad situation?  Last ditch effort, after doing what I said I was going to do above and STILL had that error message upon starting up DS 4.9 I decided to turn off all my protection so went to the New Notifications icon in the right side, Task Manager, Selected All Settings icon then selected the Update and Security tile and Windows Defender on the left side panel and turned off all three protections.  Got a notice from Windows but ignored it and started up DAZ Studio then something happened that's not happened before, "updating CMS" notice and up came a logon dialog.  I signed in and waited for the meta data to finish (almost 5000 items) in which I thought "great, it's going well" and then afterwards nothing more added to the Smart Content panel, which makes no sense to me. I then turned back on protections and restarted DAZ Studio and it's holding so far!

My concern is why is DAZ Studio's handshake to various peoples systems grounds to be blocked like that by the protection software?  All the years I've been using the Security Essentials and now it's called Windows Defender never had a program blocked, not even older versions of DAZ Studio.  The programmers really might want to investigate this a bit further as this will probably crop up when we move out of the 4.X to 5.X.....

Now how the hell do I get all my stuff to show once again in the Smart Content panel?  frown

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    barbult said:

If I appy Scott Hair to Genesis 3 Female, Smart content will not show any of the material files for the selected Scott Hair. It shows totaly unrelated products (like Persian Palace????). If I click All in Smart Content instead of Materials, it shows pages and pages of products that have nothing to do with Scott Hair (Medieval Storage Room???? Contemporary Living????) And YES, I have Filter by Context turned on. This doesn't work at all. Is this a Scott Hair metadata problem or a DS 4.9 problem?

Quoting my own post here -

In the DIM, Scott Hair has 3 installers - G2F, G2M, G3F. The Dim installation works in DS 4.9.0.61 on another computer, except for the fact that the G3F version has no type assigned in the metadata. When G3F Scott Hair is loaded in the scene on that computer, the materials show up in Smart Content. Using the Content DB Editor to compare the metadata files installed by the DIM vs the metadata installed by Daz Connect, I can see that the Daz Connect version does not include all of the material files in the product metadata. So at least part of the Scott Hair problem is caused by Daz Connect metadata errors. It's hard to believe that anybody at Daz is testing metadata before releasing it.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

OK, I got this done.  I just reimported my meta data including my own and it's all back!  YAY!  I never did get a folder added named Saved Files!  frown

RAMWolff said:

OK, I got this done.  I just reimported my meta data including my own and it's all back!  YAY!  I never did get a folder added named Saved Files!  frown

Whew! Congratulations!!!!

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

If I appy Scott Hair to Genesis 3 Female, Smart content will not show any of the material files for the selected Scott Hair. It shows totaly unrelated products (like Persian Palace????). If I click All in Smart Content instead of Materials, it shows pages and pages of products that have nothing to do with Scott Hair (Medieval Storage Room???? Contemporary Living????) And YES, I have Filter by Context turned on. This doesn't work at all. Is this a Scott Hair metadata problem or a DS 4.9 problem?

In the DIM, Scott Hair has 3 installers - G2F, G2M, G3F. The Dim installation works in DS 4.9.0.61 on another computer, except for the fact that the G3F version has no type assigned in the metadata. When G3F Scott Hair is loaded in the scene on that computer, the materials show up in Smart Content. Using the Content DB Editor to compare the metadata files installed by the DIM vs the metadata installed by Daz Connect, I can see that the Daz Connect version does not include all of the material files in the product metadata. So at least part of the Scott Hair problem is caused by Daz Connect metadata errors. It's hard to believe that anybody at Daz is testing metadata before releasing it.

Would you please open a ticket for that with customer support? This way it doesn't get forgotten in the rest of the noise and our Librarians can handle getting everything tagged with the correct metadata.

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421
    edited January 2016
    RAMWolff said:
    Now how the hell do I get all my stuff to show once again in the Smart Content panel?

in the main announce thread of any new version you can read always the same WARNING

Important Notes:

!! IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU BACKUP YOUR CONTENT DATABASE IN DAZ STUDIO 4.8 BEFORE LAUNCHING DAZ STUDIO 4.9 !!

link is provided and explain the right step

Before I install 4.9 (and previous version) I always do the same step

I export "user data" and "reset database"

once you do this, after install last version, 

re import medatata and user data to find all your previous work

if you do this, you not loose anything from personal stuff in the SMART CONTENT

Post edited by cm152335 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526

@cm152335

It is wrong.

of course, we need to keep our category (meta-data)  as exported user-data for DB corruption.

but even though keep all step which is written in the Important Notes, Actually there are some users,

who have lost all categories about their saved files.

• bryanll1bryanll1 Posts: 141
    bicc39 said:

Thank you PandaB5 for your Post.

Would you say, all thing being equal that the render quality of both were the same.(iray)

Not having Nvidia card creates a disadvantage, judgment wise, but would appreciate your opinion

Also did you notice any improvement in any area besides "Content".

Thank you again

( important question)

I installed 4.9 on my older computer and ran a couple of tests.  First, it didn't appear to lose any of my content.  Second, I did a simple Iray render and a 3Delight render and they both worked, but slowly.  However, that is to be expected from an old October with on board graphics.

bryanll1 said:
    bicc39 said:

Would you say, all thing being equal that the render quality of both were the same.(iray)

Not having Nvidia card creates a disadvantage, judgment wise, but would appreciate your opinion

Thank you again

( important question)

I installed 4.9 on my older computer and ran a couple of tests.  First, it didn't appear to lose any of my content.  Second, I did a simple Iray render and a 3Delight render and they both worked, but slowly.  However, that is to be expected from an old computer with on board graphics.

bryanll1 said:
    bryanll1 said:
    bicc39 said:

Thank you again

( important question)

I installed 4.9 on my older computer and ran a couple of tests.  First, it didn't appear to lose any of my content.  Second, I did a simple Iray render and a 3Delight render and they both worked, but slowly.  However, that is to be expected from an old computer with on board graphics.

I'll run a few more tests and look a little deeper into the content tomorrow before deciding on taking the plunge with my new xps.

• Getting a PostgreSQL error every time I launch, like many others, it seems. All necessary ports and permissions on my network security are open and available to the program.

Running Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite), DS 4.9 (just updated today).

I can click though the error, connect to my DazConnect login just fine, and everything seems to work normally, but ever time I launch the program, there's that same error again.

Known bug? Did this not get found in testing?

DAZ_Rawb said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

Would you please open a ticket for that with customer support? This way it doesn't get forgotten in the rest of the noise and our Librarians can handle getting everything tagged with the correct metadata.

I just did.Request #210225.

I am about to write one about the G3F MFD, too.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

Getting a PostgreSQL error every time I launch, like many others, it seems. All necessary ports and permissions on my network security are open and available to the program.

Running Mac OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite), DS 4.9 (just updated today).

I can click though the error, connect to my DazConnect login just fine, and everything seems to work normally, but ever time I launch the program, there's that same error again.

Known bug? Did this not get found in testing?

It appears to be a port conflict with another, unrelated program. We are looking into a solution.

Thank you guys for working late to get 4.9 working better for us!!!!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404

After repeatedly installing and reinstalling, both manually and via DIM, I've kind of got 4.9 working. All of my previous content is showing, but the CMS isn't showing in Services. I don't know why my content is showing. I can't log in for the Connect thing, though. I've repeatedly typed in the correct email and password, but I keep getting an error message that insists they're wrong.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    riftwitch said:

After repeatedly installing and reinstalling, both manually and via DIM, I've kind of got 4.9 working. All of my previous content is showing, but the CMS isn't showing in Services. I don't know why my content is showing. I can't log in for the Connect thing, though. I've repeatedly typed in the correct email and password, but I keep getting an error message that insists they're wrong.

PostgreSQL doesn't run as a service the way Valentina did, it only launches when you start up DS, DIM, or Carrara.

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    riftwitch said:

PostgreSQL doesn't run as a service the way Valentina did, it only launches when you start up DS, DIM, or Carrara.

I see. So if I can ever get logged in via 4.9, I'll be able to access the few items I bought that are encrypted?

• DAZ_RawbDAZ_Rawb Posts: 817
    riftwitch said:
    riftwitch said:

I see. So if I can ever get logged in via 4.9, I'll be able to access the few items I bought that are encrypted?

It looks like the load on the servers has gone down a little bit, still a lot of 4.9 activity but I am seeing a lot faster responses on the requests, so it seems like a good time now to give it a shot. If it still can't connect you may want to make sure that Daz Studio is allowed to make outbound connections on port 443 (https) and port 80 (http)

• ProPose said:

Just a heads up.... if you download the 4.9 release via DIM, your downloaded version of 4.8 will be overwritten, in other words, it will disappear.  So make a backup of your 4.8 versions before you download 4.9 if you want to roll back to that version. 

This really upset me, as I bought a number of items, downloaded them and when I came back 4.8 was gone.

• Is this a DAZ Connect only product? http://www.daz3d.com/lynsey-for-genesis-3-female-s

I won't buy DAZ Connect only products !!!

I did not notice this, thanks for pointing that out.

• stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

I am also going to point out that, while this is not an outright lie, it is pretty disingenuous.  From the FAQ Page

"I use my content on multiple computers. Can I still do that?

Products can be installed and used on an unlimited number of computers, but you can only be actively connected with a limited number of computers at the same time. In fact, using Daz Connect makes this easier than before, as any computer you log into will have access to your purchased products directly within Daz Studio. There is no need to carry around your installation files—simply login and download your products on any machine."

Now, if you've been following along what was said on the page you actually have to jump through an extra hoop to get to, it says something slightly different: Specifically, it says, "Products can be installed and used on multiple computers, but you can only be actively logged in on one computer at a time. In fact, using Daz Connect makes this easier than before, as any computer you log into will have access to your purchased products directly within Daz Studio. There is no need to carry around your installation files—simply login and download your products on any machine."

Interesting, that.  I suppose it's fair to say that you are only allowed to actively use content on a "limited number" of machines at the same time- one is, after all, a VERY limited number.  And, sorry, anybody who wants to use one computer to pose an image and another to render an image at the same time- you're S.O.L.

Yeah, I am using one machine to render and another to setup scenes.  I will still need to do that going forward.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited January 2016
    Aeternali said:

stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

I am also going to point out that, while this is not an outright lie, it is pretty disingenuous.  From the FAQ Page

Products can be installed and used on an unlimited number of computers, but you can only be actively connected with a limited number of computers at the same time. In fact, using Daz Connect makes this easier than before, as any computer you log into will have access to your purchased products directly within Daz Studio. There is no need to carry around your installation files—simply login and download your products on any machine."

Now, if you've been following along what was said on the page you actually have to jump through an extra hoop to get to, it says something slightly different: Specifically, it says, "Products can be installed and used on multiple computers, but you can only be actively logged in on one computer at a time. In fact, using Daz Connect makes this easier than before, as any computer you log into will have access to your purchased products directly within Daz Studio. There is no need to carry around your installation files—simply login and download your products on any machine."

Interesting, that.  I suppose it's fair to say that you are only allowed to actively use content on a "limited number" of machines at the same time- one is, after all, a VERY limited number.  And, sorry, anybody who wants to use one computer to pose an image and another to render an image at the same time- you're S.O.L.

Yeah, I am using one machine to render and another to setup scenes.  I will still need to do that going forward.

You still can.  You don't need to be logged in to do either.  You only need to be logged in to download products using Daz Connect.

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
  • Aeternali said:

stmercy2020_9aea6b9c04 said:

You still can.  You don't need to be logged in to do either.  You only need to be logged in to download products using Daz Connect.

Was literally just typing that... the FAQs are flawed in that they do not reflect identical information, but the information regarding how you could use two computers in the offline functions with the same materials was there; I just missed it.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

I also tried logging in but I still don't have that category in Smart Content, could anybody help out here pretty please? : )

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 508

Well its installed, and thanks to Daz for whats still great (and still free) 3d software!

Testing the offline install of some content connect files (some g3 hair) was unsuccessful for me.  I followed the guide putting the connect install files in the data/cloud/install folder, then in daz clicked "install offline products" - all seemed to work but the content doesn't show up.

Checking the data/cloud/install folder showed that the files had been removed as expected but the actual content did not show up in the content library view.

I'm happy to use zips anyway, and hope they arent phased out

• I bought a couple of products a few hours ago, one of which is connect only. Neither of them are available in my Smart Content products at the time of writing. However the free bundles did appear (I installed 4.9 last night, by the way, and they didn't appear then so there was clearly a delay there, too). The product that was available by DIM appeared straightaway in DIM.

I've been using the beta for some time now and I don't recall delays in that. I've installed several products via Connect and I'm familiar with how it works and how to find stuff in it.

I realise I can install the Connect only product using the manual files but I shouldn't need to. Surely this should not be happening if Connect only products are to become a regular thing.