Prop won't move/scale/rotate

In my scene there is a bed with pillows.  I can't move the pillows.  I can move the entire group including the bed and pillows, but not the individual pillows.  In the scene tab, they don't have an "X" on them, and they're selectable.  The parameters tab lets me slide the translation or scale sliders, but only the bounding box moves--not the pillow. 

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Select and right click on a pillow and select 'Unparent' or "Change <item> parent' (to none).

• TiddlyTiddly Posts: 34

I tried that a few times but it still won't move. 

edited January 2016

I haven't learned this yet, but the bed and pillows have bones when viewed in the joint editor.  Maybe I can change the parent of the bone to a null object or something? 

EDIT:  That didn't work.  It said my null was not the same level in the hierarchy which may cause problems.  I did it anyway just to check but nope. 

Post edited by Tiddly on

Which bed is this?

mjc1016 said:

Which bed is this?

It's in this package: "Solitaire by meipe" http://www.daz3d.com/solitaire-by-meipe

I don't have that one...but it's looking like that unless you want to chop up the bed/pillows with either the Geometry editor or do it in a modeller, they are pretty much stuck where they are. 

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I dunno...

I looked at the product description and it says, "Each part (base, mattress, cushions, comforter) can be separately morphed or hidden."

This seems to indicate that...well...just what it says.  They can be morphed or hidden.  So if you can hide 2 of the pillows, you can add another instance of the 3 pillows, and hide 2 different ones, then position them somewhere else, and arrange the scene any way you like.

Personally, I think 3 separate pillows would have been easier, but then, what do I know...?

: )

That's what it looks like ot me, too...that they can be hidden but not moved around.

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148
    edited October 2020

I have a standalone prop that scales normally and moves normally in the X Y and Z directions but won't rotate in any direction, so I can't position it. The sliders are not locked. It is not parented to anything. The other props behave normally.

It's the most recent version of DS. Any suggestions?

Post edited by jpetersen1 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

What is it, something from the DAZ store, or somewhere else?

Can you post a screenshot showing the Viewport with the object selected, and the Scene and Parameter panes? There are a few complications in this, which can be explained simply if we can see what you see on your monitor.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,839
    Tiddly said:

I haven't learned this yet, but the bed and pillows have bones when viewed in the joint editor.

Then the pillow is not a prop, it is part of a figure. You have to either separate it from the figure and spawn it as its own prop or use a separate pillow.