Just published my new iOS Motion Comic ("The Pilfered") - Thanks DAZ!!

I just want to thank all the 3D artists that made it possible for me to make an entire comic (4 issues actually)! It took 3 years and hundreds of items but in the end I am really happy with how it turned out. It is called The Pilfered (www.thepilfered.com) and is only avaiable on iOS devices (for now).

For the curious, I used the DAZ renders with a toon shader and then imported it to photoshop and worked on it a lot until I got the style I was looking for. The first issue is completly free, please let me know what you think - all feedback is very welcomed! 

I'm attaching a snapshot as a preview. Cheers everyone and thanks again to DAZ and all the 3D artists!  

Alan. 

19.png
2458 x 1570 - 2M

Comments

  • Congratulations, and love the style!

  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

    This is AWESOME!! CONGRATULATIONS - I've literally just started work on a motion comic myself, but have a long LONG way to go, watching your trailer though has boosted my morale for the possibilities and demonstrated a very high quality is possible! What software did you use to put this all together (outside Daz and photoshop?)

  • MonkeyTalksMonkeyTalks Posts: 8
    edited January 2016
    dhtapp said:

    Congratulations, and love the style!

    Thanks dhtapp!

     

    KA1 said:

    This is AWESOME!! CONGRATULATIONS - I've literally just started work on a motion comic myself, but have a long LONG way to go, watching your trailer though has boosted my morale for the possibilities and demonstrated a very high quality is possible! What software did you use to put this all together (outside Daz and photoshop?)

    Thank you so much! Believe it or not, I only used DAZ + Photoshop for all the images. I teamed up with an iOS developer who produced the transitions and motion FX (and who plugged in the music) - this was done by native iOS code (custom) - not by using an exisiting authoring tool. It gave me more creative freedom because I could just request a series of transitions that I felt worked well with the scene and he (the programmer) would just make it happen! That being said, I really like some of the exisiting motion comic authoring tools (madefire comes to mind), they are getting better and better. I would have probably used one if I did not find a programmer to work with me.

    Keep at it KA1 and good luck - it will be worth it in the end! 

    Post edited by MonkeyTalks on
  • I uploaded some more samples to my gallery. Let me know what you think. Cheers! 

    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/980

     

  • KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012
    I would have bought this already if it weren't for the fact I have no iOS devices! Any chance of The Pilfered ever making it to Android??
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,866

    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off and I hope you have more comics coming.

  • KA1 said:
    I would have bought this already if it weren't for the fact I have no iOS devices! Any chance of The Pilfered ever making it to Android??

    I would love to publish this on Android in the future - but this is no trivial feat! I'd need to find a programmer that is willing to re-code the entire app (not to mention finding the ressource to compensate them properly). But obstacles have not stopped me so far so this is still very much in my plans. 

     

    Novica said:

    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off and I hope you have more comics coming.

    Thank you, Novica! I am definitely planning to publish more, it's just a matter of time (*lots* of time...)

  • New snapshot of my iOS motion comic (The Pilfered) uploaded to my gallery! 

    http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/users/980

     

    The-Pilfered-Comic-Sample-4.jpg
    737 x 471 - 68K
Sign In or Register to comment.