LI EI Natural Pubic Hair

Hi, 

Appreciate this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought I'd give this a try as it looked pretty good.

I'm no expert but not a novice either and I think  this is one of those instances where a manual / instructions will have been very useful.

Part of the issue is that you cannot see changes easily in the viewport, doesn't show in IRAY Preview, so need to hit render.

Clearly a lot of time and effort has gone into development, there's c30 Adjustment morphs available - but not immediately obvious what they do and they don't tie back to the illustrations in the product page (i.e., adjustments that you can make to the outer edges).

I've even tried adjusting in Surfaces by trying to dial down opacity settings for the different areas - doesn't seem to make any difference as far as I can tell.

Be interested if anyone else having similar issues?

A shame, I'm sure I'll get there but it's a bit frustrating at the moment.

Cheers

https://www.daz3d.com/li-el-natural-pubic-hair-for-the-genesis-9-female-anatomy

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,793

I don't have it.

But the description says it uses the new OmniShader and that shouldn't have oppacity. So I assume you have the base selected instead of the hair. Try to expand it, and I would assume there is a Hair parented below. The base is what is conforming to the character.

• mrkandkrnmrkandkrn Posts: 8

Will give that a go. Thank you!

• Same here. Very frustrating. I'll be returning it shortly unless some instructions are made available.

• cknanomacknanoma Posts: 0

Product did not work for me in Daz 4.21. Switched to Daz 4.22 and it seems to work and render as described.

https://www.daz3d.com/li-el-natural-pubic-hair-for-the-genesis-9-female-anatomy

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,288

Omni Hair shader core support was included in Studio General Release version 4.22.0.16 (the latest), or any Public Release beta after 4.22.1.64, if I follow that properly. It also needs Default Resources for Daz Studio 4.22+

• sindonsindon Posts: 6

I also bought this product, and it works reasonably well. However I am unable to get the additional materials to work, like the "Faded Edges". Anyone managed?

sindon said:

I also bought this product, and it works reasonably well. However I am unable to get the additional materials to work, like the "Faded Edges". Anyone managed?

The materials say they are hieracical. Have you tried having the character selected when applying?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,577

I realise it is a store product, but the forum and gallery rules do not allow the posting of images including nudity even then so I have had to remove the image showing the product thumbnails.

felis said:

sindon said:

The materials say they are hieracical. Have you tried having the character selected when applying?

Yes, indeed I tried that. My attempts where the following:

1. Have the character selected and click the material

2. Have the pubic hair selected and click the material

3. Have the surfaces of the pubic hair selected and click the material

All with no effect.

Does it give an error?

What does it say in the log (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File)?

edited May 12

felis said:

Does it give an error?

What does it say in the log (Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File)?

Very good idea! As far as I can see the log file looks as expected. This is appended when I load the material:

2024-05-12 20:35:48.772 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/Laticis Imagery/LI El Natural Pubic Hair/H.Materials Pubes/LI ENPH H.Mats - ! Pubic Hair Faded Edges 01.duf
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.772 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.772 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.860 [VERBOSE] :: Native format content directories: 2
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.860 [VERBOSE] :: Poser format content directories: 4
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.860 [VERBOSE] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.861 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/Laticis Imagery/LI El Natural Pubic Hair/H.Materials Pubes/LI ENPH H.Mats - ! Pubic Hair Faded Edges 01.duf
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.861 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.868 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.868 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.868 [INFO] :: Applying animations...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.868 [INFO] :: Setting up follow targets...
    2024-05-12 20:35:48.868 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.8s - /People/Genesis 9/Anatomy/Laticis Imagery/LI El Natural Pubic Hair/H.Materials Pubes/LI ENPH H.Mats - ! Pubic Hair Faded Edges 01.duf
    2024-05-12 20:35:49.000 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2024-05-12 20:35:49.000 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

Post edited by sindon on

Please don't paste as code - it just get one long line.

But have you then tried rendering it?

The viewport color is independant of the material color (although there is a setting for how to show it in viewport).

Yes I tried that, nothing changes even when I do a proper render. The material is supposed tonl change the width of the hair, not the color. Not sure about the exact mechanics behind that though.

If you go to the surface setting for the hair, there is a start and end width, that determines the thickness of the hair.

• Laticis ImageryLaticis Imagery Posts: 443

Hi,
    Laticis Imagery here :)

Thank you for the purchase of my product and sorry to hear there have been some usability issues. So, this product is a little different to previous ones I have made becuase it's using strand-based hair instead of fibermesh.

One of the biggest draw-backs to to strand-based hair is that opacity does not work, the only way to make ammendments to its visibility structure is to change the Line Thickness Root & Tip.
    I could have kept this simple but not worrying about the hair regions but that would have locked the product into one main look and a I always try to offer diverisity.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Material Presets they are Hierarchical - which means all you need to do to apply them is have Genesis 9 selected ( or the female anatomy or the hair selected ) and they should work but this does mean my product needs to be fitted to the Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female.

Step 1: Load Genesis 9 / Step 2: Load Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female / Step 3: Select Anatomical Elements Female and then apply the Hair / - once done regardless of which item you have selected, material presets should work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Visibility - unfortunately opcaity does not work on stran based hair. It relies one one thing Root & Tip Thickness. Now this might be a little painful but what it does do is open the door to so many more possiblities for controlling the the final look of the hair.

User tip: If you go into the surfaces tab each region is based two strands: ie: LI ENPH Strands 01 / Centre-Top & LI ENPH Strands 02 - Centre-Top - so if you wanted to you could make a thinner looking hair by making every seconardy strand section Root - 0 - Tip 0.

The other negative side to strand-based hair is yes, to see any changes, you need to have the NVIDIA Iray View Display Running.

If you have any questions please let me know.

• mrkandkrnmrkandkrn Posts: 8

Very helpful, thank you.

Given that the approach to manipulate is, as you say, different to what a lot of people are used to seeing, I think it would be good if Daz would consider an addendum to the product page along the lines you have written above.

I'm sure it would allow people to get on the same page that much quicker.

Thanks again. Looks like a very good product btw!

Laticis Imagery said:

Hi,
    Laticis Imagery here :)

Thank you for the purchase of my product and sorry to hear there have been some usability issues. So, this product is a little different to previous ones I have made becuase it's using strand-based hair instead of fibermesh.

One of the biggest draw-backs to to strand-based hair is that opacity does not work, the only way to make ammendments to its visibility structure is to change the Line Thickness Root & Tip.
    I could have kept this simple but not worrying about the hair regions but that would have locked the product into one main look and a I always try to offer diverisity.

Regarding Material Presets they are Hierarchical - which means all you need to do to apply them is have Genesis 9 selected ( or the female anatomy or the hair selected ) and they should work but this does mean my product needs to be fitted to the Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female.

Step 1: Load Genesis 9 / Step 2: Load Genesis 9 Anatomical Elements Female / Step 3: Select Anatomical Elements Female and then apply the Hair / - once done regardless of which item you have selected, material presets should work.

Regarding Visibility - unfortunately opcaity does not work on stran based hair. It relies one one thing Root & Tip Thickness. Now this might be a little painful but what it does do is open the door to so many more possiblities for controlling the the final look of the hair.

User tip: If you go into the surfaces tab each region is based two strands: ie: LI ENPH Strands 01 / Centre-Top & LI ENPH Strands 02 - Centre-Top - so if you wanted to you could make a thinner looking hair by making every seconardy strand section Root - 0 - Tip 0.

The other negative side to strand-based hair is yes, to see any changes, you need to have the NVIDIA Iray View Display Running.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Thank you! For anyone encountering my issue, I was wrongly parenting the hair to the genesis figure instead of the anatomical elements.With the explanation everything works fine, nice :). 

mrkandkrn said:

Very helpful, thank you.

Given that the approach to manipulate is, as you say, different to what a lot of people are used to seeing, I think it would be good if Daz would consider an addendum to the product page along the lines you have written above.

I'm sure it would allow people to get on the same page that much quicker.

Thanks again. Looks like a very good product btw!

No probs at all :) - sorry it had to be explained.

When I submitted to PASS there is a section called: "Notes for the Readme"  below is what I entered into that but I am thinking now I will need to learn how to add tips and info where the product thumbs are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Please make sure to select the Genesis 9 Female Anatomy before applying the assets.
      * The LIE preset to blend the opacity edges for the LI El Natural Pad requires that the pad be selected first.
      * Materials will override any blended edges presets.

I've tried my best to get a balanced look when legs are wide open but its not perfect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Sindon - glad to hear all working as expected now, thank you.

• extraneuxextraneux Posts: 13

I love this product but is there a way to fit it to other anatomy such as golden palace?

extraneux said:

I love this product but is there a way to fit it to other anatomy such as golden palace?

Hi Extraneux,

Thank you :) - Sorry I don't own that product.......but what you could try is just running it through 'transfer utility' - select Golden Palace as the source and El Natural as the Target ( all going well the morphs should transfer as well )