Break/Line in Hair

There's a break or a line in the hair.  I've seen this on other hair assets before, but this is:

https://www.daz3d.com/fe-k-medium-hair-vol-02-for-genesis-9

Any suggestions?

hair line.png
2560 x 1440 - 3M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,756

I don't have it.

Is that with any color?

It looks like there might be a tiling of 2.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322

Is there a morph applied that is enlarging the head of the figure?

• MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 85
    edited May 1

felis said:

I don't have it.

Is that with any color?

It looks like there might be a tiling of 2.

Yes, it's with any color.

Richard, I did try zeroing the figure shape so there were no morphs (base Gen 9) and the problem persisted.

After doing some more tests I realized it's caused by the Head node moving either side-side or twisting.  Head bending is fine, and Neck 1 and Neck 2 movements are also fine.  Is this something I can fix?

Edit: Actually head bending also is a problem.

head default.png
    2379 x 922 - 2M
    head side to side.png
    2413 x 990 - 2M
    head twist.png
    2553 x 1048 - 2M
    Post edited by MrRogerSmith on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,322

That looks to be a rigging limitation. You could report it to Technical Support, but they may well reply that it is intended to eb used with the bones in unison (the Pose controls on the Body node don't seem to cause the same issue).

• MrRogerSmithMrRogerSmith Posts: 85

Richard Haseltine said:

That looks to be a rigging limitation. You could report it to Technical Support, but they may well reply that it is intended to eb used with the bones in unison (the Pose controls on the Body node don't seem to cause the same issue).

Okay, I will file a ticket, thank you for the response.

• Olo_OrdinaireOlo_Ordinaire Posts: 653

I have found that hair from this vendor is often problematic and is difficult to use if the character does anything but look straight forward.  I've stopped buying from this vendor because of these rigging issues.