Stickied Links and Useful Resource Threads- One Link?

NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I'll premise this by saying I hate the stickied lists at the top that have grown and grown in size and that I have to scroll past every time I visit that part of the forums. In my opinion, several should be part of the general overall site setup.

People who buy from DAZ shouldn't have to go to the forums to discover payment methods. More importantly, when you go to checkout, the payment options are there- so why do we have a sticky? That may have been valid when a new payment method was added, but now? It's been there for years. That belongs in the footer on the site, not a sticky in the forum that we scroll past hundreds or thousands of times. And seriously- "NEW!" As of SEPTEMBER 2012????? How to use a method other than store credit? Again, that would be in the footer with payment methods. Not a sticky. So get rid of two right there.You can disagree with me, but we've heard repeatedly/ the argument that MOST buyers don't visit the forums, so don't stick information like payment methods IN the forums. 

And the sticky that has "Useful Resource Threads" has one post. Work in progress?  Make that three that aren't necessary. Get some links for that one, then put it back.

Holiday Punch Sale is over. Get rid of the sticky, put it down into the regular links. That makes four.

Eva 7 is not new anymore, it's been September since the release.  She doesn't need to be stickied, she should be  regular thread like the other figures. The thread barely gets any chat, not even as much as most regular threads. That makes five IMO.

And what an improved viewing experience that would be for thousands of forum members. 

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Hold on a sec while we find the glue and then we can stick your thread so we don't lose it. devil

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You're SO bad! yes

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2016

BTW, I did check before I posted and there's plenty of room in the footer for Payments /  and also perhaps have Refunds. Although I doubt they want to focus on refunds, it would probably increase confidence and spur sales. One thing they don't have that is a necessity, is a Disclaimer regarding pricing, for legal purposes. I had an online store for eight years (in addition to brick and mortar) and was surprised that wasn't readily accessible (which I believe is another legal requirement, I don't think you can bury the disclaimers, they must be easily found by consumers.) It would be in DAZ's best interest as they are very generous with pricing and refunds anyway.

Post edited by Novica on