[Solved] - How to remove specific geoshell(?) from a figure?

IlliciteSIlliciteS Posts: 6

Hello,

I've been messing around with this package :

https://www.daz3d.com/skin-effects-adventures-vol1-for-genesis-8-81-and-9-females
But at the end of the day, how are we supposed to remove the bruises on the hands, or the dirt on the neck?

I understand this is a geoshell based product, but I'm not really sure what it is. I tried to look at the geometry editor, but it does not seem like there is a specific geometry deformation for the specific location.

Or is it just about reseting a material ? Or a texture ? Still not sure. Could not find the documentation either about how to remove those effects.

Thanks!

GeoshellIssueDaz.PNG
1675 x 1387 - 1M
Post edited by IlliciteS on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,751

A geoshell is a duplicate of the mesh, with a small offset.

If you look in the scene tab, under the object that has the geoshells, the geoshells will be listed under the object parented to it.

You can select a geoshell in the scene tab and delete it. The product you have might include a feature that let you remove one or more geoshells.

• IlliciteSIlliciteS Posts: 6

You're right, that's crazy, I was sure I checked there, and since I am blind, it seems, I did not find it and was looking for something way more complicated than it really is. Thank you!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,297

felis said:

A geoshell is a duplicate of the mesh, with a small offset.

Strictly speaking the GeoShel is a live clone (instance) with its own materials, the offset is provided by a Push Modifier rather than being inherent in the GeoShell.

If you look in the scene tab, under the object that has the geoshells, the geoshells will be listed under the object parented to it.

You can select a geoshell in the scene tab and delete it. The product you have might include a feature that let you remove one or more geoshells.