Store cookie settings broken

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,662

Richard Haseltine said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Did anyone check if the clearing browser settings are set to On Close? If any are marked, they will clear. Cookies are the settings you don't want to be turned on. It will sign you out and make you accept cookies over and over.

Just a thought.

I think some people are getting multiple requests within a session, though, not just having it repeat at the beginning of each session.

Yes, when they appear, they appear on every page opened, over and over again until one gets fed up and leaves. 

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 382

It seems to reopen every time I scroll down. Even when browsing the forums. How about turning it off until the problem is solved rather than it being nagware no matter what the choice the user makes? Thank you Richard for redirecting me to this thread.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,296

They're Back angry

Every single day. It seems like it would make sense to stop the process from erroring on every page every day. Fix it, then restart it at a later date. As it stands it's like an unskippable offensive commercial that occurs multiple times on every page. Currently, it's nagware that drives customers away from making purchases no matter what the customer does or how many times customers change their settings.  This is one of the worst ways as a store to lose money.

• ReneWReneW Posts: 124

This has been driving me crazy, too.  I have to scroll down the page and back up to make it go away but then it comes back with every new page.  Soooo annoying.  Please, Daz can you either fix it or remove it?

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 784

The cookie setting constantly appearing on every shop page issue started happening to me today as well. I select, "Preferences" and uncheck those cookies I don't want, and then click "Save and Finish" button. But the next time I load the same page (or different page) the Cookie Preferences pops back up at the bottom of the shop page(s).

The cookie setting is not remembering the cookie setting :)

This is on Windows 10 in the Microsoft Edge browser Version 124.0.2478.80 (Official build) (64-bit).

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Why not implement the cookie settings in server-side session variables? In the past, I've setup sessions to be peristent across multiple domains, too (in case that's a consideration).

- Greg

I don't want to look at the page code to actually try to solve the issue. Daz employees should be doing that work.  Every single day, on every single page. Pause the problem. Have someone work on it. When it's fixed, restart the code. Honestly, everytime it happens I don't want to spend any money at the Daz store at all. I don't even want to come here because someone doesn't want to take the time to solve the issue.

Now it's worse

Not only on every page I open but now it shows up in different positions and or sizes

• It started happening on my tablet yesterday (5/13). And you have to collapse the bottom ad to get rid of the cookie setting notice.

Browser tabs & nav bar, bottom ad (or 2 ads!), cookie notice - that's over half my screen. And yes, Daz staff should be fixing the issues.

• NathraiNathrai Posts: 54

The good thing is, it makes browsing sales such a hassle that eventually I just call it a day and save money.

The bad thing is, it makes browsing sales such a hassle that eventually I just call it a day and get fewer items.

(And I've tried every possible solution - I can't rid of them no matter what, for me they INSTANTLY return with the next session sad)

Still happening. It is discourginging and highly disappointing. Also, another problem. The store isn't properly filtering items I've already purchased. So say you purchased an item yesterday with no problem. If it's in a sale page it shows as not having been purchased. If you go directly to the page it's properly shown as purchased. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,513

Nester751 said:

Still happening. It is discourginging and highly disappointing. Also, another problem. The store isn't properly filtering items I've already purchased. So say you purchased an item yesterday with no problem. If it's in a sale page it shows as not having been purchased. If you go directly to the page it's properly shown as purchased. 

I've been having this same problem... as well as the cookie stuff. Edge on W11. I had put in a ticket a couple weeks ago and have not heard a thing back. Maybe a new one for every time this cookie thing pops up? 

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,406
    edited May 15

The cookie settings agreement popup is back for me on almost every page including store pages. That will definitely limit my shopping here. Something interesting though: if I scroll down the popup disappears without my accepting. It will, however, reappear when I go to a new page.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,489
    edited May 15

We just reported it

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,577

Charlie Judge said:

The cookie settings agreement popup is back for me on almost every page including store pages. That will definitely limit my shopping here. Something interesting though: if I scroll down the popup disappears without my accepting. It will, however, reappear when I go to a new page.

When it does that is the marking of owned products in the store also breaking?

edited May 15

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

When it does that is the marking of owned products in the store also breaking?

I'm not sure about that. At any rate the popups have now stopped appearing, at least for the time being.

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 784
    edited May 15

It seemed as though the cookie setting had been fixed for awhile today, but now it's back appearing on every store page, even if you save and Accept the cookie preferences.

@Richard Haseltine And yes, if you have previously purchased a Product, it is now showing both the download Cloud purchased icon and the Add to Cart button (if you first uncheck "Hide Items I own"). If you click Add to Cart, it does indeed go to the cart, and let's you purchase it a 2nd time.

Win 10 Edge browser

Add-to-Cart_and_Purchased-Icon_and_Cookie-Popup.PNG
    1915 x 1126 - 2M
    Post edited by robertswww on

They are back again for me too.

Charlie Judge said:

and the status of owned items?

robertswww said:

It seemed as though the cookie setting had been fixed for awhile today, but now it's back appearing on every store page, even if you save and Accept the cookie preferences.

@Richard Haseltine And yes, if you have previously purchased a Product, it is now showing both the download Cloud purchased icon and the Add to Cart button (if you first uncheck "Hide Items I own"). If you click Add to Cart, it does indeed go to the cart, and let's you purchase it a 2nd time.

Win 10 Edge browser

Thanks, I have sent that in as a data point - though I don't think it's the same as the not-showing-as-owned-at-all that others have seen.

edited May 16

Richard Haseltine said:

Charlie Judge said:

and the status of owned items?

As near as I can tell they are not showing on the main store pages unless I uncheck 'Hide Items I Own'  But as I previously said the popup will disappear as I scroll down the page without my clicking the accept button.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,545
    edited May 16

DAZ knows everything about me, where I live, my phone number, my email address, my debit card info, but today I actually restored my PC to an earlier time, blocked all cookies and declined the cookies (which worked for me). DAZ needs to implement a session cookie on it's server not the users PC and associate it with the user id. I suspect this would solve this problem because the session info/preferences are obviously not beeing retained/associated with the user-id.

Edit: With proper session coding, a logged-in user should have a session associated with that user-id until they logout unless they click a remember me checkbox, if available, to overide the deletion of session data upon closing the connection/logging out. This is really old school stuff implemented for decades.

Post edited by ArtAngel on

Well they're gone again for now. But I ain't gonna hold my breath.

DAZ has gotten as reliable as Microsoft about fixing and breaking things

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,943

the cookie popup has returned 

on every page I load angry

F this site

• BarnabyBarnaby Posts: 0

Robert Freise said:

Well they're gone again for now. But I ain't gonna hold my breath.

DAZ has gotten as reliable as Microsoft about fixing and breaking things

I've never had any problems with microsoft and I just use an ad blocker with my browser yes 

Hallelujah! So the cookie preferences banner is gone for the moment. Still having things I've purchased showing up as not purchased until I go to the product page. Specifically one of the fast grab items I purchased the other day still shows as unpurchased until I click on the actual product page.

edited May 16

Cookie agreement popups are back once again and as before disappear without accepting when scrolling. Very annoying!

I spoke too soon. They are back for me as well. :(

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,489

ArtAngel said:

DAZ knows everything about me, where I live, my phone number, my email address, my debit card info, but today I actually restored my PC to an earlier time, blocked all cookies and declined the cookies (which worked for me). DAZ needs to implement a session cookie on it's server not the users PC and associate it with the user id. I suspect this would solve this problem because the session info/preferences are obviously not beeing retained/associated with the user-id.

Edit: With proper session coding, a logged-in user should have a session associated with that user-id until they logout unless they click a remember me checkbox, if available, to overide the deletion of session data upon closing the connection/logging out. This is really old school stuff implemented for decades.

As it was described to us last night while we were doing testing for them there's a lot more involved than one seems to think. They are current trying to find a workaround.