Store cookie settings broken

So I went through the steps of selecting cookies through the preferences and the banner keeps popping up repeatedly. It's exceedingly annoying and tends to put users off using the store.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001

Are you running an add blocker? Try turning it off for the store pages at least (which don't carry ads).

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041

It started doing that for me too this afternoon, which is weird as it used to work fine before...

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798
    My Daz browsing is completely unusable help! I choose accept each time
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,856

it has effectively stopped me coming here at all except on my iPad using Firefox

I am on Chrome on my PC now and swearingangry

I submitted a ticket and it was deemed solved 

so simply avoiding the site except when really bored waiting for dforce sims to finish

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,402

JazzyBear said:

My Daz browsing is completely unusable help! I choose accept each time

From what we've been told, the issue has something the do with the blocking of the cookies on the user's end. It is either a browser setting, plugin, anti-virus, or something interfering with the saving of cookies. I know a lot of people are blocking 3rd party cookies or their AV is blocking them. You can try adding exceptions to those two and see if it helps.

didn't fix it and now I have the Ads back

my DAZ+ ends after next month and I shall be gone

Capture.PNG
    1920 x 1040 - 107K

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you running an add blocker? Try turning it off for the store pages at least (which don't carry ads).

Tried that (disabled add-blocker, cleared cache and cookies for the site, then refreshed), didn't help. The cookie popup still appears every time I open or refresh a page.

For the record, it worked perfectly fine last week with the exact same browser, plugins including add-blocker, and anti-virus...

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,508

At the moment, the cookie popup only comes up after I change login status, ie. when I login or logout.

Using w10+Chrome at work and W7+Opera at home, both work the same.

This is a very strange issue - I have Firefox on Windows 10, running NoScript (with daz allowed) and Ghostery (told not to fuss at Daz), and don't get the cookie pop-up (other than the first time)

well Edge on my PC seems OK on the forum so far

no cookie popup, no Ads

got the popup again in the store even after accepting though

edited April 15

Richard Haseltine said:

This is a very strange issue - I have Firefox on Windows 10, running NoScript (with daz allowed) and Ghostery (told not to fuss at Daz), and don't get the cookie pop-up (other than the first time)

And Daz is the only site that has this problem. 

Edit: If it helps, I have fixed IP at work and dynamic at home, but they both do the same.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 144

I was having the same problem for days.  I put in a ticket.  Added daz3d.com to my list of approved cookies and it still didn't work.  Finally went into my Edge settings and cleared all history for all time and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I've cancelled my ticket.  If you are still having this issue, you may want to give this a try.  

Screenshot 2024-04-15 143339.png
    600 x 542 - 32K

NewGuy said:

I was having the same problem for days.  I put in a ticket.  Added daz3d.com to my list of approved cookies and it still didn't work.  Finally went into my Edge settings and cleared all history for all time and it seems to have fixed the problem.  I've cancelled my ticket.  If you are still having this issue, you may want to give this a try.  

And there goes the login information for every site (again)... No other site has this kind of problems regularly.

• EwokzombieEwokzombie Posts: 70
    edited April 18

Glad to know this [] issue is just not me. This started about the time the DAZ Welcome Series began a week ago and like so many above mentioned, it only happens at DAZ. So its obviously our various pc's, operating systems and anti virus programs right?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Ewokzombie said:

Glad to know this [] issue is just not me. This started about the time the DAZ Welcome Series began a week ago and like so many above mentioned, it only happens at DAZ. So its obviously our various pc's, operating systems and anti virus programs right?

Since it isn't affecting everyone it is likely that local settings or software are playing a part.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,168

On the other hand, I have never seen the Daz Cookie message even once in the Daz store, on my desktop Win 10, laptop Win 10, or Android phone.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

Richard Haseltine said:

Ewokzombie said:

Since it isn't affecting everyone it is likely that local settings or software are playing a part.

disagree

but I guess it's easier to blame the user isn't it. angry 

Again, I get the cookie popup on every page with W10 and Chrome (+Malwarebytes)

Checking the pages, gave me "window.localStorage" is not defined, but allowing third party cookies for Daz sites made no difference.

Cookie1.PNG
    1014 x 63 - 5K
    Cookie2.PNG
    671 x 166 - 12K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,751

Just opened up DAZ store and the forums this morning and every page I looked at, the cookie statement showed up. Every page. I can't find new items offered, but I sure can have the cookie statement. It looks like DAZ+ items only going into my cart today. 

Somehow after deleting cache and any files related to Daz site yet another time it decided to start working properly for me yesterday (with adblock plus still on). Finger crossed that it keeps working....

Stezza said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ewokzombie said:

disagree

but I guess it's easier to blame

blame? It's a matter of figuring out what the issue is. Assuming that the issue must lie with X, for any given X, is a good way of failing to resolve it.

the user

or the user's system, possibly through a utility of sioem kind, posibly a matter of settings or previously stored values (which last may be supported by the fact that some people have fiund that clearing history helps).

isn't it. angry

PerttiA said:

Again, I get the cookie popup on every page with W10 and Chrome (+Malwarebytes)

Checking the pages, gave me "window.localStorage" is not defined, but allowing third party cookies for Daz sites made no difference.

Back home with W7 + Yandex (Opera), the Cookie popup came up when I logged in, but stayed away since then.

Checked  "Inspect Element" and curiously found the attached notice for Chrome, which may explain some problems.
    The link in the screenshot; https://developers.google.com/privacy-sandbox/3pcd#report-issues

Cookie.JPG
    1488 x 341 - 49K
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,811

Richard Haseltine said:

Stezza said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Ewokzombie said:

disagree

but I guess it's easier to blame

blame? It's a matter of figuring out what the issue is. Assuming that the issue must lie with X, for any given X, is a good way of failing to resolve it.

the user

or the user's system, possibly through a utility of sioem kind, posibly a matter of settings or previously stored values (which last may be supported by the fact that some people have fiund that clearing history helps).

isn't it. angry

And yet, here we are...

and what does Elon have to do with it? cheeky 

Well, not sure what happened, but the 'New, Improved' Cookie Acceptance message is now half my screen, instead of about an inch on a normal monitor. Thanks DAZ.

I just want to note for the record it is lowering my purchases. I will often spend time looking at images, reading blurbs on the promos, and general scanning just for fun. And often put things I can't afford now go on my wishlist. Now I am taking a quick look at the cover promos, selectively look and decide or not to buy and get out fast. And have to hit that demand to accept the intrusion to my privacy multiple times for each step. I don't drop back in during the day if notified of another sale. I have a finite limit on my patience. Please fix this.

If you could add it to our membership page, that would be okay with me. One time hit/warning. Or quit collecting the data on us. Or let us opt out.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,351

Although it wasn't originally the case, I am also now being asked to confirm cookie settings on nearly every page I visit on the Daz3D site, regardless of which option I pick each time.

Product pages, store listing pages, vendor pages, forum pages, gallery albums, gallery pages, the blog, the EULA page, the press page, etc.

The only exception I've yet found is going into the Help/Customer Support/Tech Ticket section, where it doesn't seem to ask.

• I've finally had it.

This is 100% completely unacceptable.

Why not just take up the entire page, Daz? Maybe then I'll be compelled to update my cookie settings for the 80th time. Or are you hoping that I will give up and mash that big fat "Accept" button?

From now on, if I click on the Daz page and I see this, I'm closing the tab immediately.

Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 5.57.04 PM.png
    1359 x 637 - 427K
  • I was willing to constantly hit "ACCEPT" on every single Daz site page because nobody seems to know for sure how to make the window stop popping up.  I was willing to just keep unconditionally accepting the terms until today when the window has actually gotten LARGER.  Like a third of my screen larger.  Are we to look forward to further increases in the size of this window over time?  This has absolutely become a deterrent to wanting to spend any time or money here.  Why are they doing this to us?  Ain't we pals no more?

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,040
    For Chrome on Android:

1. Click the icon to the left of the web address (two lines with circles).

2. Click "Cookies and site data".

3. Click the trash icon to delete cookies for this website.

4. Login to Daz and select your cookie preferences when prompted.

That should fix the problem, at least until Daz screws with things again, and it should leave your other website preferences and logins intact.

I've only ever had this problem with Daz. No other website.

W10+Chrome has stopped asking as of yesterday.

W7+Yandex (Opera) was still asking after changing login-status (remembered my selections though)

doubledeviant said:

For Chrome on Android:

1. Click the icon to the left of the web address (two lines with circles).

2. Click "Cookies and site data".

3. Click the trash icon to delete cookies for this website.

4. Login to Daz and select your cookie preferences when prompted.

That should fix the problem, at least until Daz screws with things again, and it should leave your other website preferences and logins intact.

I've only ever had this problem with Daz. No other website.

I tried this on my iMac with Google Chrome. I will see how long it takes to come back. Thanks. I have never looked into those little doohickies before. Got rid of some other pesky snoops.

Mary