Content Creation

Hello. I was wondering if it was possilbe to use the SDK to use the content creation tools. I am  referring to tools like Morph Loader and Transfer Utility.

Post edited by nazmy2_a263cf7a4b on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021

What do you mean? The SDK is for creating new plug-ins, writing them in C++.

• nazmy2_a263cf7a4bnazmy2_a263cf7a4b Posts: 89
    edited April 3

You have objects that you can manipulate using Daz Srcipt such as DzTransferUtility and DzMorphLoader. I was wondering if there was anything similar in the SDK.

Post edited by nazmy2_a263cf7a4b on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited April 3

In many cases plug-in developers would use a script or write their own code, I think, though I cannot answer for specific instances. It depends what is exposed and what is kept private to the plug-in (most of DS is implemented through plug-ins, even the core - so obviously those parts are accessible to the SDK).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks Richard. I think I understand now.

• vectorinusvectorinus Posts: 113

Yes, there are no DzTransferUtility and DzMorphLoader classes in the SDK class index table, like many others. But there is a DzScript class in which we can enclose the script text in the form of strings. And then give the class object the command to execute the script. However, Visual Studio cannot check the correctness of Daz scripts. Therefore, they have to be checked directly in the Daz Studio. About two years ago I needed a DzMeshSmoothModifier class. It is also not in SDK. I don't know Daz script well. Not because I don’t like it, but because it is very similar to SDK, and if you use both of them, you begin to get confused by the similar syntax and concepts. Therefore, I found topics using a local search in which Richard discussed with other scripting experts the use of this class and some other features. I borrowed the sections of code I needed from them and included it in my DzScript object. I also took a lot from the DAZ documentation center. When called, the script worked very quickly, being inside one of the C++ functions

• Thank you vectorinus.