How to rig cloth to a shaped character?

All the tutorial are makeing cloth for the default G9/8 figures, using the Transfer Utility to convert it in to a duf asset, but who will do that in the production? Of cause I want the garment to fit my customed character first and foremost (I mean I am not using the defaut G9/8 figure), and than I will consider to transform it into a duf cloth asset and use it on other characters. 

And when I tried to use the transfer Utility tool on a deformed character, things will go wrong. (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/transfer_utility/start) Because the figure is not in default shape. I guess that it's because DAZ restore the figure to the default shape and rig the static cloth and then revert to the shape I manually disigned. So the cloth will be definitly warped.

Can anyone tell me if there is some setting that I missed? That could rig the .obj cloth on a non-default G9 figure?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,889

You need to set the Source Shape to Current, or to the morph used if it is just one, then check Reverse Source Shape from Target in the additional options. The process will then adjust the model to fit the base, rig that, and project the morph(s) into the result to make it follow the figure shape.

It is better to make the outfit around the base shape, then mape new shapes for each morph used and load them as new morphs via Morph Loader - that way you are not relying on any auto-adjustments or projections.