Clothes shown on mannequins are not conducive to buying!

WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Since they now have a filter for more adult products, why can't they show clothes on actual characters rather than mannequins. I want to see how the clothes move with the character, not just in a still pose. If the character needs to be clay rendered or bright shiny pink for whatever stupid reason, at least have the character posed in a variety of positions!  End of today"s rant. angry

Comments

• Wonderland said:

Since they now have a filter for more adult products, why can't they show clothes on actual characters rather than mannequins. I want to see how the clothes move with the character, not just in a still pose. If the character needs to be clay rendered or bright shiny pink for whatever stupid reason, at least have the character posed in a variety of positions!  End of today"s rant. angry

Do you mean for product pages like this? Sue Yee has some pretty good products, but they're usually on mannequins.  Many PAs have been doing this well before the mature filter, so I'm not sure if it's a style decision or to avoid something like mature content complaints.  However, I agree it helps to have textured models with the clothing to better anticipate how it'll look.

• MadaMada Posts: 1,869

The rules are new - promos done before the change is still going through :)

• I hadn't noticed this, probably because I barely look at the G9 clothing but it doesn't look appealing to me either. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Mada said:

The rules are new - promos done before the change is still going through :)

Oh good! So, in the future will we be able to see even more of a character's skin that has been previously hidden under clothes?

It's funny because older promos, even ones of V3 showed more skin than currently. Daz has become more open to diversity (which is great!) but more conservative when it comes to showing skin.