Unable to change fur density for Cat Beast by RawArt character.

I recently bought the Cat Beast by RawArt and I am having difficulty in getting the character to look like what is shown in the pictures i.e. very dense and fluffy with large sideburn-like cheek fur. (Link below.)

https://www.daz3d.com/cat-beast-with-dforce-hair-for-genesis-8-male

Mine on the other hand looks like a rat with thin wirery hair. (See Attached Screengrab) I tried using the included Fur Density material settings but it does not appear to do anything.

Now I am still pretty new at this, only started a few weeks ago, so perhaps there is some setting I am unaware of that changes the look of the fur. I tried using the dForce hair simulation stuff as shown in the video but that just made the hair hang naturally. If there is not a setting that I can use to fix this is there perhaps a product that I need that was not listed in the original store entry?

I really hope I can fix this and get it to look like in the product pictures because this model was exactly what I was looking for for a feline character. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Capture2.PNG
911 x 526 - 414K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

Does that persist if you do a full render, rather than using Iray Drawstyle in the Viewport? Which tool is active?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777
    edited March 25

The fur on this cat is strand-based hair on which the property of Preview Pre-Render Hairs is turned off by default... With Iray Preview in your screenshot, you have to firstly set Preview PR Hairs to "On", and Viewport Line Tessellation Sides >=2 ...

Pls be noted that it'll consume more system resources when you do so...

SNAG-2024-3-26-0002.png
    2020 x 1396 - 1M
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • joshs10001joshs10001 Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

Does that persist if you do a full render, rather than using Iray Drawstyle in the Viewport? Which tool is active?

Well the point is pretty moot because I can't even render it as is to tell you if anything chnages in the render. It starts to render, reaches the fur, stops (as seen in the attached), and then freezes my entire computer or just spits up an "Unable to Render" window but doesn't give a reason.

Capture3.PNG
    389 x 396 - 40K

Thanks for the help but its pretty moot because I can't even get it to render as is.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

What is your GPU? Do you have CPU Fallback enabled in the Advanced tab of Render Settings?

Richard Haseltine said:

What is your GPU? Do you have CPU Fallback enabled in the Advanced tab of Render Settings?

Sorry for the double response above, I thought it hadn't posted.

But that seems to be the issue, my PC is not powerful enough to render it on high detail. It can render on the 25% density setting. And thanks to the other person who explained that the strands would not show up proper until rendered.

I think I have it figured out now, thanks for the help.