Ripping a character from BG3

akc075akc075 Posts: 0
edited March 26 in New Users

Hello! I want to try and rebuild my character from BG3, But I'm honestly not even sure where to start, can anyone help? 

Post edited by akc075 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,762

You need to check the EULA for the game to make sure you're allowed to do this.

• ElliandraElliandra Posts: 496

Usuallly it is illegal to rip the characters directly from the games but creating one that is similar from assets you own is not wink

• akc075akc075 Posts: 0

Elliandra said:

Usuallly it is illegal to rip the characters directly from the games but creating one that is similar from assets you own is not wink

I had read a lot on that, I have tried to look for assets simular to BG3 (essentially deciding I would have to model my own or even commissioning someone, which I am always down for) I honestly just dont know where exactly to look which is where I get stuck on. 

• akc075akc075 Posts: 0

Elliandra said:

I assumed I would have to after looking into laws, (why I included even just recreating in some way). I'm just honestly unsure where to start, this is really my first time using it seriously, and even considered commisioning someone to model on for me, but being a newbie and not sure where to look is a little hard when google isn't helping LOL 

• ChezjuanChezjuan Posts: 510

If you are going to rebuild the character, then you want to get the head and body morph packs for the figure you are working with. For example, if you use Genesis 9, you could get the Genesis 9 Essential Shapes Bundle or buy the individual head morphs and body morphs if you don't want the expressions or essentials expansion. They have similar products for all generations if you are not working in Genesis 9.

Whit the morphs, you would load in the character and use the sliders for various body parts to build the character's body and face based on whatever you have for reference. You would also need to look in the store for similar hair and pick that up. For the skin, if the base doesn't look right, you could find a premade character with a similar skintone and buy that, then apply the textures to your custom shape. If you do buy a character for the skin ensure that it is for the same generation as your character (unless you are working in Genesis 8, in that case you can use Genesis 3 textures in most cases). The hair can usually autofit from previous generations, so you have more leeway there.

Note the bundle linked above is currently at regular price, but was recently on sale. You may want to add it to your wishlist and keep an eye on the price since if something goes on sale during one of the big events like March Madness, it might drop price again if they do a catch-up.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited March 27

if this is a custom character does it have a way to capture a front and side view?

will Face Transfer (or Facegen, Headshop) help?

Disclaimer, I have never played the game but have friends that do who use DAZ and have tried recreating their characters so know it's possible 

It is also extremely difficult to make suggestions without knowing what the character looks like blush

pretty sure someone has made very similar clothing too and hair as nearly everything seems to copy something I am unaware of until it's pointed out!

looking at this I don't see anything impossible to roughly replicate 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on