Make sliders change values when altering other sliders?

Hello, I really don't know how to explain this, but ill try my best to do so.

Basically

What I want is to see if there's a way to make sliders change value depending on how much you change the value of another slider, let's say I have Slider A and Slider B, both have a limit of 0% to 100% and I want to make is so when I move slider B too 100%, and then I move Slider A to 100% the value of Slider B starts to decrease, let's say I leave Slider A to 60%, that will mean Slider B remains at 40%, but if I move slider B to 30% it makes slider A move to 70%.

I want to make it, so each slider combined sums 100% but never allowing each other to get to 100% without altering the other slider's value, you move Slider A up, Slider B goes down, you move Slider B up, Slider A goes down.

Is there a way to actually do this?

With multiple sliders involved? Please, it will help me greatly!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

I am not sure about making it two-way, so that A influences B and B influences A, as that would be a circular reference which isn't allowed. However, you can certainly do it one way as in your opening description by using the Property Hierarchy pane and the Parameters pane in Edit Mode (right-click on the pane to set it on in the context menu) - just drag the A slider from Parameters onto Sub-Components>1st Stage under the entry for B in the Property Hierarchy, or B ontol Controllers>1st Stage under B, then under Attributes set the type ERC Subtract and set A to 100% to start with.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,776
    edited March 24

As Richard said, setting circular ERC links is not allowed, you want to have a third slider C. Create properties A, B and C in Edit Mode. In Parameter Settings, set Default to "0%" on A and C, "100%" on B. Min: 0%, Max: 100%.

In Property Hierarchy, drag both A and B to Sub-Components - 1st Stage of C. Under Attributes group, set Type to "ERC [DeltaAdd]" on A, "ERC [SubStract]" on B ... Then dial slider C to test.

If you want to defined dedicated values with ERC links, e.g. when dialing 20% on C, A goes to 25%, B goes to 50%..., use "ERC [Keyed]" in Type and define value ranges for them.

SNAG-2024-3-25-0031.png
    1793 x 1398 - 219K
    SNAG-2024-3-25-0032.png
    518 x 1302 - 50K
    Post edited by crosswind on