Renders All Blank

If I am in textured or smother or anything else in my view, it is all there.  If I switch to Nvidia view, nothing is there.  if I render, nothing is there.  I mean, it is there and I can select it, but it is all invisible.  I found other posts here and people said they were out of VRAM, but I opened task manager and I only have a single G8F in the scene, and it says it is using almost nothing of my Gforce RTX 3090. I have created new cameras, moved things around, tried rendering from all kinds of directions.  I am definitely above the ground level.  I also tried perspective view. I checked to make sure things say "Visible in Render", and I set the Render Settings to default. So, what exactly makes it render blank pics?

20240322_181935 copy.jpg
672 x 364 - 166K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

What is your driver version (right-click on desktop>nVidia Control panel)? The current General Release requires 526.98 or newer.

• It is 551.61, so past the one you mention.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Any lights in the scene?

• 3WC said:

Any lights in the scene?

I have tried it both with lights and without, as well as just having emissive primitives.

• I have also restarted my computer.  I have tried different scenes.  No matter what I do, it's just a blank screen in Nvidia view or when I render.

• Oh, by the way I also tried setting it to only use the CPU for all rendering and everything, and yep- still all blank.

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Maybe post your log file, someone may have an answer. I think that is under "Help/Troubleshooting".

• 3WC said:

Maybe post your log file, someone may have an answer. I think that is under "Help/Troubleshooting".

Looking through it, I see:

2024-03-22 18:10:02.727 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   error: DB element "DS_the_draw_scene_44982" is still referenced while transaction 217 is aborted.
    2024-03-22 18:10:02.727 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - DB:DATABASE ::   1.0   DB     db   error: Finishing edit after the transaction was committed or aborted.

As errors

anaximanes_2000 said:

3WC said:

2024-03-22 18:10:02.727 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   error: DB element "DS_the_draw_scene_44982" is still referenced while transaction 217 is aborted.
    2024-03-22 18:10:02.727 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - DB:DATABASE ::   1.0   DB     db   error: Finishing edit after the transaction was committed or aborted.

As errors

Those are not related to rendering. Please post the whole log as an attachment.

• Richard Haseltine said:

anaximanes_2000 said:

3WC said:

As errors

Those are not related to rendering. Please post the whole log as an attachment.

Ok there you go

txt
    txt
    log.txt
  • Not sure if this means anything Richard, but you know in the render settings, you can select Photoreal?  Well if I select the other thing, Interactive I think it was, then it does render.

• I will add another thing I have noticed is that the whole time Daz is open, when I am "inside" Daz, the cursor has a blue spinning circle as if Windows is thinking.  That stops when outside Daz or if Daz is closed, and it never did that before until this blank renders thing.

First, I take back what i said about the warnings not ebing related to rendering - they obviously are from Iray, but they aren't enough in themselves to offer much clue.

Probably not directly reelvant, but you have a content directory issue:

2024-03-23 20:50:27.668 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(1855): Nested directory encountered while adding a content folder: C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Scenes : C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

that is, you have the default C:/Users/Owner/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library as a content directory and within that you have the Scenes folder also asa  content directory - if Scenes has any asset files (Data or Runtime folders) then their references in saved scenes or presets might have the Scenes folder added to the front of the path, which is likely to cause issues if you want to share files or need to move to a new system.

This looks suspicious:

2024-03-23 20:50:33.495 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [WARNING] - LINK:PLUGIN ::   0.0   LINK   plug warn : Loading C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libiray.dll: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I don't get that in my log, so it isn't an matter of timing in starting up that everyoen gets and that will be resolved later in the load. I would suspect that soenmthing (system error, or soem kind of security tool (or, more unliklely, malware) may have damaged a file. Check your security software to be sure it isn't claiming to have quarantined or fixed that file, then try reisntalling DS in case a disc error (during or after the initial isntallation) may have caused the problem.

• In regards to the first one, I have not ever changed that in 5 years and over three computers, so it seems to work ok, whatever the directory thing is.  I don't get it, but it never seems to have done anything to me.

As for the second thing, I have no protection other than whatever Windows 11 came with, you know the little windows sheild thingy.  But, I have had no internet, so even typing all this on my phone and trying to get these logs and everything has been tough, but Daz would often crash, and the only work around is to reinstall it every time I want to use it.  So it was working fine, I did not download anything.  So there should be no virus, and then when I woke up I did the usual uninstall reinstall so I could use Daz for the day, and that's when this blank thing started.  So, I have no idea what is going on.  I also saw Nvidia had an updated driver, so I disembeled my PC, took it to my neighbor, put it together, downloaded and updated, and brought it back- but this was after the blank thing so it could not have been a virus from Nvidia that caused this.

Anyway, Windows Virus and Threat Protection, says no viruses, I just ran it as I typed this all out.

It wouldn't be the usual effect, but maybe DS wasn't yet fully closed when you reisntalled adn that broke a .dll. It does sound as if you have some fairly serious issue if you keep having to reinstall like that - it wouldn't be settings or content related as those are not touched by a reinstall.

• Hmm, well, in a few weeks I plan on reinstalling windows, maybe that will fix it.  I know you are on team Daz, and I get that, but in all honesty, I think Daz's base programming uses a program that stopped getting updates to it in 2004, so, with all due respect, Daz is not exactly known for its stability. lol  I'll just have to not use it until the new install.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777
    edited March 25

In your DS log, there seems no attempt to iray preview or render... Did you attempt to preview or render before saving out this DS log ?

If you did not, suggest you open DS log, Ctrl + A, Delete and save. Then try to preview or render before saving the log...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

In your DS log, there seems no attempt to iray preview or render... Did you attempt to preview or render before saving out this DS log ?

If you did not, suggest you open DS log, Ctrl + A, Delete and save. Then try to preview or render before saving the log...

When you say preview, do you mean where I change the view from say Smooth or Wireframe to Nvidia/Iray?  If so, yes, I did that and yes, I definitely tried rendering, but they were all blank screens.

So... it's odd ~ before traversing any scene data when rendering, then all transactions failed... However you said with Interactive Biased, it rendered...?

• crosswind said:

So... it's odd ~ before traversing any scene data when rendering, then all transactions failed... However you said with Interactive Biased, it rendered...?

I'll show you.  I am in Unity right now, but when I get a chance later today I will open Daz, load just a pimitive sphere and render it for you.  If you want more than that, or want me to do anything more than that let me know and I shall check here before I do it.

edited March 25

anaximanes_2000 said:

crosswind said:

I'll show you.  I am in Unity right now, but when I get a chance later today I will open Daz, load just a pimitive sphere and render it for you.  If you want more than that, or want me to do anything more than that let me know and I shall check here before I do it.

Yea, NP ~ pls take your time.

Still, two tries of rendering (not Iray Preview..) would be needed: one with Photoreal, another with Interactive. Each time before Ctrl + R, clear and save DS log beforehand. Then save two DS log files...

Post edited by crosswind on

anaximanes_2000 said:

Hmm, well, in a few weeks I plan on reinstalling windows, maybe that will fix it.  I know you are on team Daz, and I get that, but in all honesty, I think Daz's base programming uses a program that stopped getting updates to it in 2004, so, with all due respect, Daz is not exactly known for its stability. lol  I'll just have to not use it until the new install.

I am not sure what tyou mean here, unless you are refering to the Visual C++ libraries used 9which don't reflect the version of the compiler used) or the Qt version (which is in the process of being updated. Both of those are used in order to keep third-party plug-ins (and, to an extent, scripts) working for as long as possible.

• Richard Haseltine said:

anaximanes_2000 said:

Hmm, well, in a few weeks I plan on reinstalling windows, maybe that will fix it.  I know you are on team Daz, and I get that, but in all honesty, I think Daz's base programming uses a program that stopped getting updates to it in 2004, so, with all due respect, Daz is not exactly known for its stability. lol  I'll just have to not use it until the new install.

I am not sure what tyou mean here, unless you are refering to the Visual C++ libraries used 9which don't reflect the version of the compiler used) or the Qt version (which is in the process of being updated. Both of those are used in order to keep third-party plug-ins (and, to an extent, scripts) working for as long as possible.

Yeah the underlying Qt version, if I recall for Daz is 3.3 from Feb 5th of 2004, that is what I meant.

• crosswind said:

anaximanes_2000 said:

crosswind said:

Yea, NP ~ pls take your time.

Still, two tries of rendering (not Iray Preview..) would be needed: one with Photoreal, another with Interactive. Each time before Ctrl + R, clear and save DS log beforehand. Then save two DS log files...

Yeah rendering in Interactive, like I said before, will render.  I don't know what ctrl R is, but will do.  Be back in a bit.

• anaximanes_2000anaximanes_2000 Posts: 306
    edited March 25

Ok, got them both.

Not sure why but the Photosreal invsible one is showing blank on here but it says:

2024-03-24 21:13:07.487 [INFO] :: Rendering image
    2024-03-24 21:13:07.510 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - API:DATABASE ::   1.0   API    db   error: DB element "DS_the_render_scene_264" is still referenced while transaction 79 is aborted.
    2024-03-24 21:13:07.510 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(376): Iray [ERROR] - DB:DATABASE ::   1.0   DB     db   error: Finishing edit after the transaction was committed or aborted.
    2024-03-24 21:13:07.682 [INFO] :: Saved image: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r.png
    2024-03-24 21:13:07.683 [INFO] :: Finished Rendering
    2024-03-24 21:13:07.713 [INFO] :: Total Rendering Time: 0.28 seconds

On my computer.

txt
    txt
    logPhotoreal.txt
    2B
    txt
    txt
    logInteractive.txt
    Post edited by anaximanes_2000 on

I can only give below suggestions by now:

1) Download and install the latest DS public build (4.22.1.99) and test a render
    2) Completely clean and resinstall the latest Nvidia Studio Driver with DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-DDU-

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

crosswind said:

2) Completely clean and resinstall the latest Nvidia Studio Driver with DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driver-uninstaller-DDU-

Yes, in the past, there has been cases where people have installed Iray related stuff directly from nVidia (developer packages) that have used a different version of Iray and it has caused miscellaneous problems in Daz Studio. 

• @PerttiA I have not installed anything from Nvidia until after Daz did the blank thing and then remember, that is when I recently updated the driver.  Also, I have been installing the most recent public build, but as you can see on the attachment the most recent public build is actually 4.22.0.16 not the 1.99 one @crosswind mentions.

Untitled-3.jpg
    715 x 423 - 143K

That is General Release... Public Build can be only downloaded and installed via DIM.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/665996/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-22-1-99-updated/p1

And if you encountered this issue just after you updated the driver to 551.61, you can simply roll back to previous version... see if it's gonna work. I'm with the latest version 551.86, everything's fine on my side.

• No, this just started out of nowhere.  It was working, then not working.  I will wait for the Public Build then to become General Release, thanks!  Otherwise, in 3 weeks, I will just reinstall WIndows and start over as it is.  At least this way folks that get a blank screen like this know that really their only option is to put a fresh install of Windows and start over.