How do I apply Victoria 7 materials?

I want to apply Victoria 7's core material, then apply things like make up. 

I'm looking for Victoria 7 Material or Victoria 7 Makeup 05 or something, where is this list located? I'm looking at surfaces tab, but it looks complicated.

Comments

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 2015

Select your G2F figure

In your Content Library go to People > Genesis 3 Female > Victoria 7 > Materials

the you select iRay or 3Delight

there you go.

Post edited by Sertorial on
  • bensmith489183bensmith489183 Posts: 25
    edited December 2015

Thanks!

Victoria 7 comes with normal maps? Thank god.

Post edited by bensmith489183 on
  • Is it just me or does the victoria 7 textures have no detail on them?

• Can you explain what you mean by no detail?  You should have some with the normals, there is also an HD version you can look at.

• bensmith489183bensmith489183 Posts: 25
    edited December 2015

Can you explain what you mean by no detail?  You should have some with the normals, there is also an HD version you can look at.

Victoria 7 textures are bad.  The Jeanne textures are more realistic and have more detail.  The Victoria 7 normal maps are horrible and need to be redone in Zbrush.

Still, all in all, I like the Victoria 7 body shape and face base.

I just want to add DAZ Studio 4.8 has come a long way.   If they just add proper IK system so you can keep the hands and feet in place, I'd probably switch to it. Until they add a proper IK system, I'm going to have to stick with Poser Pro 11.

Post edited by bensmith489183 on
  • Are you sure you were usinh the right materials - People\Genesis 3 Female>Materials>Victoria 7? The Jeanne materials are the default G3F textures and are relatively low-resolution I think.

• JohannaJohanna Posts: 119

Most avatar sets look to mannequin like and a bit like like pre-retouched.

I see them as a good canvas you can add details too and create individual characters in Zbrush and Photoshop.

I am wondering why the palish skins never have veigns and ateries in the skin. A very important detail if your target is photorealic artwork.

Also the nails on hand and feet are usable only if you need a photomodel character. I am working on a remesh for the nails atm and add irregularities.

Since the available pre made adult skins look to smooth for grown ups i use these skins for my child characters.