Depth of Field Tutorials?

MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31

Hello All, 

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good DoF tutorials staring from scratch for Studio? I was previously using Riversofts DoF but for some reason - since the last studio update I think - its not playing ball, even after installing and reinstalling (even manually). I'm looking for a really newbee tutorial so I can make sure all bases are covered.

Many thnaks

Andew :o)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

Does the Riversoft tool give any error messages? How about if you check the end of the log file just after trying to use it (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File)?

• MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31

Hello Richard, 

It givers an error message and to check the log file but most of the time it refers to a file I haven't opened on a different date. Just tried it now and the log file says:

2024-03-14 23:55:37.503 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "C:\Users\andre\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_62731\runtime\textures\jepe\jp roderick g8m\jp_roderickarmsb01_1004.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 4096x4096x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.

So it isn't even showing todays date.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,453

It does look as if you are installing with Daz Connect (through Daz Studio) - the script itself does not, as I recall, work like that; I am not sure about the content it is set to work on.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 520

https://youtu.be/BB2DSfbif2A?si=H5oiASg-YlIo2Yff Is a really nice tutorial. There is a whole series of these. You can also search YouTube for daz3d tutorial dof to find more. =)

• MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31

Thanks for the heads up Shimrian. I watched one of Jays tut's about transfering the characters from one Genesis generation to another. He's a really good teacher. 

Cheers

Andrew :o)