[Released] LIE Makeup Manager [Commercial]

Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554

LIE Makeup Manager (LMM) has been designed to add diversity and flexibility to your Genesis 9 makeup collection, natively supporting Daz Original LIE makeup products that have been released alongside new characters such as Victoria 9 HD, Olympia 9 HD, Ally 9 HD, and many others. These makeup products utilize a standard naming system for layers, so products following this standard are compatible with LMM.

Other Genesis 9 makeups that aren't baked into the skin (i.e. have separate layers with transparent backgrounds) can be manually converted to work with LMM and we've provided an LIE template to make this easier for you.

Don't have any Genesis 9 makeup products? No problem, we've included several presets so you can still create beautiful makeup with this product alone - they can also be mixed 'n' matched with supported or converted makeups!

Also included with each preset is an innovative post-load script that auto-detects supported LIE layers, activates required properties, sorts layers, removes duplicates, and supports layer deletion.

With LMM, you can:

• Change/add color to makeup layers (foundation, lips, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and extra)
  • Change opacity/weight of makeup layers
  • Change/add metallicity to makeup layers
  • Invert color, weight, and metallicity textures for even more effects
  • Preview changes in real-time with Iray - no more hanging around for LIE to update or need to refresh manually

A truly versatile product that allows you to edit LIE makeup with ease and speed - Grab your copy today!

Store link: https://www.daz3d.com/lie-makeup-manager

main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 951K
popup_01.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 465K
popup_02.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 816K
popup_03.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 943K
popup_04.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 876K
popup_05.jpg
2311 x 1300 - 2M
popup_06.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 732K
popup_07.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
popup_08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 767K
Post edited by Silas3D on

Comments

• Silas3DSilas3D Posts: 554
    edited March 13

Josh has very kindly put together the following videos so you can see LIE Makeup Manager in action:

Short Intro (2:15)

In-Depth Overview (6:30)

Creating Makeup Presets (9:27)

• Josh DarlingJosh Darling Posts: 60
    edited March 12

This tool makes it so much easier to interact with and edit LIE makeups. Plus we include content so you don't even need to own any of the compatible products

Here's another video that is shorter and gives a bit of an intro

Post edited by Josh Darling on
  • ElorElor Posts: 693

Hello,

Some PAs released LIE make-up products / characters with LIE Makeup for previous generations: will this products works with them ?

To clarify, I don't mean using a Genesis 8 LIE Makeup on a Genesis 9 figure, but using G8 LIE Makeup on a Genesis 8 figure and tuning the makeup with LIE Makeup Manager.

• Great question

This is currently focused on G9 because that is when Daz introduced the standard layer naming conventions for makeup. If there is interest we could look at opening it up, though. Do you have any products in mind? I could look to see how they work

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,549

I had the pleasure to do a quick test of this and it was very useful. I had loved the potential of the way the makeup system that Daz had but there were things in the execution that made it frustrating. This removes the frustration. Within moments I was playing and applying makeup to characters that didn't have it (and really probably shouldn't wear it, a troll with pretty makeup is just a bit weird) and it made it easy. Looking forward to more people being able to use it.

• Thanks for the kind words, we are happy that it made it more enjoyable to work with layered image presets!

Here's a video showing how to create your own makeup presets to work with our product

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Just to have a link to the product in this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/lie-makeup-manager

edited March 13

Elor said:

Hello,

Some PAs released LIE make-up products / characters with LIE Makeup for previous generations: will this products works with them ?

To clarify, I don't mean using a Genesis 8 LIE Makeup on a Genesis 9 figure, but using G8 LIE Makeup on a Genesis 8 figure and tuning the makeup with LIE Makeup Manager.

Following on from Josh's reply, most makeup that I've seen for Genesis 8 is either baked into the skin texture, or all makeup on one transparent texture. If you can give us any examples of makeup that does have each zone on a separate layer like with Genesis 9, we can look into adding support for the previous generation :)

EDIT: Something else to bear in mind is that Genesis 9 uses the PBRSkin shader, which introduces the makeup properties that LMM uses. Of course this shader came with Genesis 8.1, but if we were able to add support for Genesis 8, Genesis 8 figures would need to be converted to use the PBRSkin shader.

Josh and I have a product that allows you to do that quickly and easily, 1-Click PBRSkin: https://www.daz3d.com/1-click-pbrskin - otherwise it would require a manual conversion prior to using LMM which would be time consuming.

GhostofMacbeth said:

I had the pleasure to do a quick test of this and it was very useful. I had loved the potential of the way the makeup system that Daz had but there were things in the execution that made it frustrating. This removes the frustration. Within moments I was playing and applying makeup to characters that didn't have it (and really probably shouldn't wear it, a troll with pretty makeup is just a bit weird) and it made it easy. Looking forward to more people being able to use it.

Thanks for the lovely feedback @GhostofMacbeth, love the idea of putting makeup on a troll or other monster hehe - I may just have to do another promo render ;)

Artini said:

Just to have a link to the product in this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/lie-makeup-manager

Many thanks for doing this @Artini, I've now added a link to the main post. Unfortunately I couldn't do this at the time of creating the thread as the product wasn't live in the store, and I was at my retail job when it hit the store (I'm in the UK, Josh is in the US).  

• chevybabe25chevybabe25 Posts: 1,194

For whatever reason a lot of the daz makeups had been loading with the gamma messed up for me. . Going in and manually adjusting these were terribly painful. Minutes of loading. Minutes waiting for a change, so on and so forth.  This manager is so much faster!! Load it, and bam. It fixes the gamma immediately, also makes changing makeup colors a whole lot more pleasurable. Things just load so fast in this, it's almost... magic. Amazing. 

edited March 13

chevybabe25 said:

For whatever reason a lot of the daz makeups had been loading with the gamma messed up for me. . Going in and manually adjusting these were terribly painful. Minutes of loading. Minutes waiting for a change, so on and so forth.  This manager is so much faster!! Load it, and bam. It fixes the gamma immediately, also makes changing makeup colors a whole lot more pleasurable. Things just load so fast in this, it's almost... magic. Amazing. 

Amazing! Thanks @chevybabe25, one of the things we really wanted to address with this was the speed of makeup application and making changes, so it's great to hear it's making a difference :)

EDIT: A big thing with the Daz makeups is if you apply them with Iray active, they look messed up because Iray drawstyle has to be restarted (which may very well be the same gamma issue you speak of). This is something we take care of automatically in the script!

• ElorElor Posts: 693

Josh Darling said:

Great question

This is currently focused on G9 because that is when Daz introduced the standard layer naming conventions for makeup. If there is interest we could look at opening it up, though. Do you have any products in mind? I could look to see how they work

Silas3D said:

Following on from Josh's reply, most makeup that I've seen for Genesis 8 is either baked into the skin texture, or all makeup on one transparent texture. If you can give us any examples of makeup that does have each zone on a separate layer like with Genesis 9, we can look into adding support for the previous generation :)

EDIT: Something else to bear in mind is that Genesis 9 uses the PBRSkin shader, which introduces the makeup properties that LMM uses. Of course this shader came with Genesis 8.1, but if we were able to add support for Genesis 8, Genesis 8 figures would need to be converted to use the PBRSkin shader.

Josh and I have a product that allows you to do that quickly and easily, 1-Click PBRSkin: https://www.daz3d.com/1-click-pbrskin - otherwise it would require a manual conversion prior to using LMM which would be time consuming.

I don't own one of them and don't know how they work, but neikdian has a couple of products labeled as LIE Make-up, the oldests for Genesis 3.

Among the products I have, two Genesis 8.1 figures (P3D Sandra and CB Alyona) are using LIE Make-up or at least the name of the directory is implying that. My knowledge on how they work is limited because I click on a button and make-up is applied blush but make-up from both of this figures seems to work on a Genesis 8.1 base figure without changing the whole face or creating weird artifacts.

edited March 14

I do not know, if that is possible, but would be great to have a possibility to remove brows on Genesis 9

and apply LIE Makeup afterwards.

Characters created with Face Transfer 2 have brows embeded in the materials.

I have a brow remover for Genesis 8 https://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio

and it works great, but it does not support Genesis 9.

I also wonder if it would be possible to masks cheeks miscoloration often happened on Face Transfer 2 characters with the blush in LIE Makeup.

Post edited by Artini on

Elor said:

I don't own one of them and don't know how they work, but neikdian has a couple of products labeled as LIE Make-up, the oldests for Genesis 3.

Among the products I have, two Genesis 8.1 figures (P3D Sandra and CB Alyona) are using LIE Make-up or at least the name of the directory is implying that. My knowledge on how they work is limited because I click on a button and make-up is applied blush but make-up from both of this figures seems to work on a Genesis 8.1 base figure without changing the whole face or creating weird artifacts.

Thanks for the suggestions @Elor, I don't have any of those either but the promo images and product descriptions do suggest they would be a good candidate for LMM, again providing the characters are converted to the PBRSkin shader (if not already using).

Artini said:

I do not know, if that is possible, but would be great to have a possibility to remove brows on Genesis 9

and apply LIE Makeup afterwards.

Characters created with Face Transfer 2 have brows embeded in the materials.

I have a brow remover for Genesis 8 https://www.daz3d.com/brow-remover-for-daz-studio

and it works great, but it does not support Genesis 9.

I also wonder if it would be possible to masks cheeks miscoloration often happened on Face Transfer 2 characters with the blush in LIE Makeup.

You could use one of the foundation presets included with LMM to cover the eyebrows, at least enough to not be too visible when using fiber or card-based brows that were included in the Genesis 9 starter essentials (or any other brow attachment).

This could also help with the cheek discoloration you mentioned, as it would create a more uniform skin tone across the whole face. Of course the blush preset may also help with this - depends on the placement!

edited March 14

Thanks for the explanation.

Just a quickie using preset LMM Full Makeup.

Before

After

g9Fbefore.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 297K
    g9FafterLIEMM02.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 305K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 14

After further adjustments...

g9FafterLIEMM03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 443K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Nice, glad to see that!

edited March 15

Thanks, Josh.

I will experiment more, but it fixes my problems with Face Transfer 2 characters, so I am  happy, so far.

Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

I purchased this very recently. I've found the PDF documentation included in the product to be inadequate for me. I'm frustrated.

The section on Post Load Script doesn't tell me where to find the script. It is not in the Content Library or Smart Content. It doesn't tell me how to use the script, if I could find it. I don't even understand what it is for.

The section on Converting Unsupported Makeups does not really tell me how to do the conversion. It mentions a Makeup Template, but I don't see anything that tells me what to do with that template. Where do I load it? Then what do I do with it? This section mentions a script in /data/Silas3d.... Is this the Post Load Script mentioned in the Post Load Script section?

The first product I tried to use LIE Makeup manager with was Untidy Makeup for Genesis 9. The makeup is LIE based, but it doesn't work with LIE Makeup Manager, which says no makeup found. My first inclination was that I would have to choose one product to keep and one to return, since they seem incompatible. But I thought maybe I could convert the Untidy Makeup. That's where the documentation let me down. I couldn't comprehend how to do a conversion.

I see that there are a couple videos linked here in the forum that I will try to watch. I hope they help. We are always told that only a small minority of customers use the forums. I think the product itself should contain enough documentation to use the product, even if that is just links to supporting videos.

edited March 19

Hi @barbult, I'm so sorry at your frustration and that you feel the documentation is inadequate. It's important I point out that I wrote the documentation and not Josh - I set high expectations of myself which have clearly fallen short this time and that saddens me.

I'm sure you understand that writing documentation is a complex and time consuming process, something that not everyone provides and can often be ignored. That said, it's something I always got out of my way to provide if the user experience of the product isn't enough to demonstrate how to use it.

• The data path that you mentioned is the post load script in question, I'm sorry that isn't clear. The Post Load Script section talks about what it does, the actual path to the script is mentioned in the following Converting Unsupported Makeups section, as it's when creating your own LIE presets that there there is a need to know where it is.
    • The guide says the makeup template provided enables the Makeup Weight and Makeup Base Color surface properties and adds the supported LIE layer types (meaning Foundation, Lips, Blush, Eyeshadow, Extra and Eyeliner). These layers had been established earlier in the document so I didn't list them out again, but in hindsight perhaps this would have made things a bit clearer. It also assumes one has some familiarity with the Layered Image Editor, which I appreciate doesn't go far enough.
    • You'd need to apply an unsupported makeup first to establish where the textures are stored, then apply LMM Makeup Template which will enable the required properties and create the LIE layers, to which you can then assign those textures.
    • The "no makeup found" message you received is mentioned on page 2 of the guide and is expected behaviour, given that many third-party makeups don't follow Daz's naming conventions for makeup LIE layers, hence the need for manual conversion.

I would certainly encourage you to watch the videos, especially the Creating Makeup Presets one as that shows you how to use the Makeup Template preset and post load script visually through the UI and should hopefully provide enough detail to assist you with creating a reusable preset for Untidy Makeup.

Thanks to a trapped nerve in my back I'm in a lot of pain atm so am talking a few days off. It's coming up to 3am here in the UK and didn't get much sleep last night, but I will look to update the pdf in due course.

I think the quickest way to test the product, is to use the included preset LMM Full Makeup and then customize it with the script.

I have not tested the other presets yet, but will try them later.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    edited March 19

Josh Darling's video on Creating Makeup Presets was exactly what I needed. I never would have figured out how to modify incompatible products to be compatible without that video. I think the PDF should have a link to that video (all related videos, actually). Maybe they didn't exist yet when the PDF was first written.

I modified one of the incompatible Untidy Makeup presets to be compatible with LMM and saved a new compatible preset. She also has LMM eyeliner and eyeshadow.

I think the Untidy Makeup layered presets are really intended to be layered on top of each other, so multiple lips presets build up an entire look. As I understand it, LMM (and the normal new Daz makeup scheme with scripts) will replace one lip preset with another, so that may be why the Untidy Makeup was created the way it was.

She should have worn those glasses when she put on that lipstick!

G9 Untidy Lips LMM_Default Camera.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on