What Lights Were Used to Create These Promos?

Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
edited December 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

I am wondering if anyone knows what lights were used to create these promos of Octivia. I like them, and I'd like to use them in my renders.

http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-octavia-hd-for-teen-josie-7-and-genesis-3-female-s

Post edited by Richard John S on

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

While I don't know for this product, several of FWSA's G3F products have included a simple Iray light setup.

However, it really isn't that hard to use the standrad Photometric Spotlights and Base HDRI to get good lighting. IME setting up Iray lightin is much easier than 3DL lights.

• As fastbike1 said, check if the character came with a light set, these tend to be a great starting point.

To be honest though, it seems like a 3 light setup. I'd try 3 mesh lights, a sphere in front of the subject and 2 planes slightly behind and to the left/right as rim lights. Scale the rim lights up to be roughly as tall as your subject or character. Make the surfaces on the sphere and planes emissive and dial in the emission strength to what you need and try moving your lights around to get different looks. In the render settings you may also want to turn off the environment lighting, simply set the environment strength to 0. Also, remember to turn of the camer's headlamp in the camera settings.