Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited September 2012

lol is lack of method a method too? oh dear...
    welp... were's how I'm going so far...
    I went through my wishlist first :cheese:
    Second, used the link by Lindsey above ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2&dir=desc&limit=60 ) to go through the most recently released items at 50% or more off till I hit page 3 (on 60 per page setting) which shows day 1 items.
    Now I'm caught up to new releases, whee! (I'd missed about a week and a half and had my fingers, toes and eyes crossed there was a catchup of 50% off again - we PAs weren't told exactly what was planned, so was a nervous time!)
    Time for a break to make some dinner and wash up...
    After dinner, I think I'm going through that huge list of PAs on the sales and promos page... hmm, ok already sounds crazy :grrr:
    I'll modify with a favourite vendors filter somehow... *twitch*

Post edited by AprilYSH on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

ROTFL!
    Sounds like a plan!

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited September 2012

Someone once posted on the forum that he or she has spent a total of over $10,000 since being here, but was only a hobbyist. I'm beginning to see how.

Good thing I like Ramen noodles.

Post edited by Graze on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

its killing me that there's no way to find past releases so far in this PA sale...

someone released a kind of fish person for genesis...I need that for work T_T hope to get it on sale.... but can't find it!!!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Yikes, the site is just crawling for me today.
    I give up. Try again in the morning.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

SO day 29 is up. Strategy I suggest. Start with Ron's new item then systematically add every PA item in the store to your account.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:

Yes everything seems to be slowed down to a crawl. Not a good thing when the entire PA library is on sale.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Ippotamus said:

Yes everything seems to be slowed down to a crawl. Not a good thing when the entire PA library is on sale.

Now that I think about it, maybe the sale is why everything is so slow because of so much activity in purchasing.

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited September 2012

Kevin

Just wondering why Rawart's Tauran II and Raw Dwarfology are not on sale?

On another note...the store keeps crashing when I try to do anything so I imagine business is booming and will need to try later. :long:
    The Forum is also slow but at least it's not crashing. :lol:

Post edited by kimh on
    edited December 1969

Those are too new to be included.

And yes... Traffic is at a record high. We are making some changes to handle the frenzy a bit better.

• tylerzamboritylerzambori Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

And yes... Traffic is at a record high. We are making some changes to handle the frenzy a bit better.

Shoulda planned for it in advance! It's taken me half an hour just to put one item
    in the basket, and I guess I'm lucky it got there.

How about extending the last day of the sale to make up for it?

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited September 2012

The site (DAZ3D) has been frigging CRAWLING the last few days... with in terms of speed and page load errors, whats up with the hosting?

Today's Speedtest is 33mb/s down & 7mb/s up from broadband in SoCal.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

Wishes the DAZ Genies would grant an extension of the sale until after the first of oct so I could spend more money. *Big round puppy dog eyes*

• kimhkimh Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Thanks Kevin for clarifying. I suspected as much. I couldn't for the life of me remember when they came out and since there has been so many new releases this month it was hard to keep track

I am happy things have improved and I was able to make my purchases. One happy Daz customer :cheese:

• jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

The site (DAZ3D) has been frigging CRAWLING the last few days... with in terms of speed and page load errors, whats up with the hosting?

Today's Speed is 33/s down & 7mb/s up from broadband in SoCal.

You are not alone, today the store is almost unusable. Incredible slow en constant magento errors. Want to buy some off stonemasons items but the way te store is behaving i've decided to wait.

Really hope this will be solved tomorrow or that the sale will be extended.

edited December 1969

We hope to have it solved sooner than that.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    My problem is that during various parts of the checkout screen, it crashes with a Magento error. :-( I'm trying again, but given that I'm trying to buy 24 items, and a ton of money (for me) if it blows the purchase, I'm going to be USC. Each time I try to check out and it crashes, I'm getting a little further from being comfortable with clicking that last button. If it dies I'll have no way of knowing whether it worked or not.

-- Morgan

p.s. I totally get the traffic problem, and I know a mostly stock Magento is not typically very good at handling load, just saying it's nerve wracking.

edited December 1969

If you completely miss the deals due to store performance problems we will honor the discount price. We are working on the slow store issues.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,816
    edited September 2012

I just went through the checkout with 6 items from the sale and it all went fine. It was still a little sluggish but I didn't get any errors or anything and the order went through ok and I got my downloads fine. Just thought I would mention in case that helps anyone :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    If you completely miss the deals due to store performance problems we will honor the discount price. We are working on the slow store issues.

Thanks for the info Kevin! No worried here, while I had lots of issues thru out the morning, including the Magento page error, i was able to find the items i wanted and checkout with no problems, so thanks for working on it and for the sale today!.

edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I have 25 items (okay, HAD to add the Genesis carhop). It's dying when it's trying to load the credit card info, unfortunately, so I don't know if it's an issue of the size.

-- Morgan

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

Love the business suit - just did a first render with it, just exploring all of it's possible combinations/morphs. Great product!!

2012-09-26_Sam_BusinessSuit_web.jpg
    1125 x 1500 - 818K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    Love the business suit - just did a first render with it, just exploring all of it's possible combinations/morphs. Great product!!

That's a really nice render which shows off the morphs beautifully.

midnight_stories has made some morphs to fit the suit to the Sabbatic Goat which I hope he will post here.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    It's dying when it's trying to load the credit card info ...

I get this too. I think DAZ's website is trying to save me from myself.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited September 2012

:bug: HOLY CRAP!!!! :bug:

....I can't even belive it...

~~EVERY PA!?!?!?!? :coolgrin:

Glad I peeked in here today....now I need to decide if I'm able to take advantage...lol

Thanks Daz3D and ALL of you AWESOME PA's!! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited September 2012

Greetings,

angusm said:
    Cypherfox said:
    It's dying when it's trying to load the credit card info ...

I get this too. I think DAZ's website is trying to save me from myself.
    Yeah... It's starting to piss me off a lot. I can forgive a great deal, but egregious stuff like this drives me nuts. I think it would work, if the site didn't automatically try to redirect me back to the checkout page after a little while, or if the checkout page wasn't a one-page Javascript/AJAX monstrosity. Specifically, loading https://www.daz3d.com/shop/checkout/onepage/progress/ is failing, which is triggering an automatic delayed redirect to the cart page before the site is able to finish getting me through purchasing.

Unfortunately, this is also the _second_ Magento-based side that has pissed me off this week, the first being Zulily, whom I will never order from again.

Update: I commented out line 51 of opcheckout.js in my browser's memory, and it let me get through checkout, because it didn't fail on the progress anymore.

I forgive DAZ a lot for being otherwise awesome, and spectacular customer service, but this sucked. Given that I'm a web dev, I could get past that progress point by hacking the JavaScript as I did, but nobody else is likely to be able to. It also took me two and a half hours to get to that point, just to give DAZ a few hundred dollars. It's frustrating, but it's over for me, at least.

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

Yes, even ones who don't *ever* seem to go on sale. Woo-hoo!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:
    Yes, even ones who don't *ever* seem to go on sale. Woo-hoo!

Exactly! I just saw Vue 9 frontier from cornucopia3D for $49, not a bad deal. Also a must have IMO is GenX and associated plugins at 50% off.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

jerham said:

Today's Speed is 33/s down & 7mb/s up from broadband in SoCal.

You are not alone, today the store is almost unusable. Incredible slow en constant magento errors. Want to buy some off stonemasons items but the way te store is behaving i've decided to wait.

Really hope this will be solved tomorrow or that the sale will be extended.

Yeah, 30 second page loads in the store?
    There's nothing left that I want THAT much, and even if I did it would take me 45 minutes to find out what it actually was in the first place. :)
    I'll check back later.