Where in the World has the Forum Gremlin gone Now? Complaint Thread

Comments

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    ps1borg said:
    Serpent said:

Thursday complaints!!!

Tired, muscles hurt, sleepy, thirsty, not sleeping well, coming off 2 weeks on antibiotics, disgusted, need several days of just lying around taking care of myself, digestive system angry with me, coffee not helping, hissy, and very bitey. indecisionangry  Think I'll spend all weekend eating hot dogs and working on he computer, I have 2 games that aren't working I ned to get running.  One is a pan-European war game, I really want to get that running!  Cannons FIREEEEEEEEEEE! devil

Veggie soup and hummus sandwich for lunch, tasty and healthy! smiley

Looks like I'm spending the weekend eating tomatoes, we picked about ten kilos of them last weekend and there are about the same amount still ripening on the plants :)

Mater soup, mater sandwiches, mater salad... indecision

Friday, Friday.. and beer tonight! laugh

Foot is healing nicely, huge pain to do m own wound care but it's saving me hundreds of dollars.  Gotta be pragmatic.

Hate this job, re-activated my job search.  I think I can stand it through the middle of March, but I'm in a hissy mood 24/7.  No support, no information, no management feedback, nothing.  I should have known this would happen based on my first week here! Live and learn... indecision

Shopping tomorrow.. cab to grocery store and back.  Too bad th don't deliver groceries here... indecision

Rain this weekend, a good excuse to work on music! laugh

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited February 2016
    ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

birthday party startin, 52nd orbit laugh

90's dance music.  CAAAAKE and tasty goodies, some sugar free, all weekend

Hey HBD sweetie, a three-day birthday whoa 

Happy birthday to Misty!

Thank You.   CAAAAKE!  

for those about to CAKE, 
    CAKE is not a lie,
    nor is pie

ordered a white cake chocolate mousse cake devil

this the one-

mybdaycake.JPG
    578 x 496 - 58K
    Post edited by Mistara on

I think it's time to consider a semi-career change.  I think.. back into game programming!  With a side of After Effects artist, heh! devil

After Effects CC is $20/month to rent, which is super-afordable and I can teach myself enough to become a junior compositor/post-effects dude (doesn't pay as well as programming, but.. it's more fun)!

The Unity game engine, an insanely popular engine, is ree for use until you make $50K from game sales, and a LOT of companies use it.  So I can make and sell my own games, w00t! laugh Plus I can make my own soundtracks for the games, lolol!!!

I'll take small, short jobs to keep the money coming in while I re-train myself.  It'll be fun! laugh

Next Payday, load up the Walmart prepaid card to cover After Effects and prep for some fancy video work! cheeky

Drum tracks on sale, deal of the day

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/discrete2

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,019

Thanks.

tee hee  give a hoot, dont pollute.  

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,720

I thought they gave me this sandwich to eat so I ate it.    It is made the way I like it 

I keep assuming food is meant to be eaten not stared at for long periods of time.  Seriously what if we can taste stuff just by staring at it.  oops bad idea

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090
    MistyMist said:

contacted asus to try and get the drivers and win7 media for the asus i bought on amazon, they told me to ask amazon to fix it.
    can you believe that?  atleast i was able to get the drivers from the asus site.

>.<  the links microsoft had to d/l the win7 iso file are all redirected to their office hub page.  must've been recent, answers on their site forum point to the download link. elkriver something.

found a win7 disk on amazon, supposed to do a clean install, using the product code key on the sticker on my desktop case.  25 bucks down the drain if it doesn't work.  according to ms site, i can activate by phone?

dunno if i can find a usb wifi dohickie, do activation and get out real quick.
    don't want to spend the money right now, but thinkin i should get the win7pro retail box before is all gone.
    on ms site did a search under products for win7, all the return hits are win10.  (insert tos busting rant here)

a few people at work complaining about the nag to upd to win10.  is there really no way to turn that off?

complaint - shoulda been rendering sweet temptations instead of this search of an OS for my brand new pc that was supposed to come with it. 

If it was marketed as having Win 7 installed, then don't pay more money to get Win 7!  Did you use a credit card to buy it?  That's the best way to protect your purchase.  You should not have to go through all this to get something that was advertised as part of the purchase.

Dana

Page 99.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Tjohn said:

Page 99.

Does that make it the ice cream page 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,090

Happy Birthday, Misty!

Dana

Thank  Yoos!!!

ice cream birthday CAKE!  

no aniblocks with this, practicing to make her blink.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,589
    edited February 2016
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

Happy birthday to Misty!

Thank You.   CAAAAKE!  

for those about to CAKE, 
    CAKE is not a lie,
    nor is pie

this the one-

...again congratulations on your 52nd trip around our central stellar primary. 

Just make sure you don't end up with a chocolate moose cake instead.

...The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread

Post edited by kyoto kid on

My coffee is getting cold.

...a yuck and poo day today, cold, very windy with gusts near 30 mph and wet to come later.

...The Where Did My Nice Early Spring Go Complaint Thread?

Sign of early spring at my house, a few minutes ago. smiley

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. There are puffy white celebrity lok-alike clouds sailing across  a deep blue ocean of sky, and Elvis is winning, Mr Spock iz melting laugh

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

Happy birthday to Misty!

Thank You.   CAAAAKE!  

for those about to CAKE, 
    CAKE is not a lie,
    nor is pie

this the one-

Oh man coffee splutter all over my ipad, LOL at choc moose !

Tjohn said:

..they've been blooming here for a couple weeks now.

Serpent said:

I think it's time to consider a semi-career change.  I think.. back into game programming!  With a side of After Effects artist, heh! devil

After Effects CC is $20/month to rent, which is super-afordable and I can teach myself enough to become a junior compositor/post-effects dude (doesn't pay as well as programming, but.. it's more fun)!

The Unity game engine, an insanely popular engine, is ree for use until you make $50K from game sales, and a LOT of companies use it.  So I can make and sell my own games, w00t! laugh Plus I can make my own soundtracks for the games, lolol!!!

I'll take small, short jobs to keep the money coming in while I re-train myself.  It'll be fun! laugh

Next Payday, load up the Walmart prepaid card to cover After Effects and prep for some fancy video work! cheeky

Blackmagic Fusion is free, has much of the same functionality as ae

MistyMist said:

Thanks.

tee hee  give a hoot, dont pollute.  

owls here go hoot w00t a hoot w00t :)

I thought they gave me this sandwich to eat so I ate it.    It is made the way I like it 

I keep assuming food is meant to be eaten not stared at for long periods of time.  Seriously what if we can taste stuff just by staring at it.  oops bad idea

The taste of stuff tends to stay with me so yes, it happens :)

Why the cloud subscription approach?

edited February 2016
    Tjohn said:

sign of autumn here a few minutes ago...

garden.jpg
    599 x 800 - 116K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited February 2016
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

MistyMist said:

Happy birthday to Misty!

Thank You.   CAAAAKE!  

for those about to CAKE, 
    CAKE is not a lie,
    nor is pie

this the one-

Happy Birthday Misty

HBDMisty.jpg
    800 x 488 - 21K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

A predator drone with my name on it would make me a tad nervous on my birthday...

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

Oh man coffee splutter all over my ipad, LOL at choc moose !

thank yoo!  

chocolate moose mousse  nomm

and plane from transformers!  

edited February 2016

talked to a live person at asus to make sure ise ordering correct recovery disk. another 57 bucks.  their tech support said the win7 product key on the case would only work with the original installer.

verified pc model/sn was supposed to be win7.  like some asswipe messed reformatted the hdd with win8 then returned computer to amazon. WHO DOES THAT?

had an idea to get a usb wifi thingie, so i could activate what i haz to, then unplug, hopefully before updaters can find me

huh, cant drag shortcut to playlist to my desktop window?

tee hee party tunes

boys boys boys summertime love

14 hours to birthday moose

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited February 2016

...you shouldn't have to pay them the extra 57$ for what is not your mistake.  They advertised the system as being bundled with WIn 7, not 8, so the onus is on their quality control department. They should have checked the system when it was returned, and discovering a different OS on it, sent it back to ASUS to have the HDD wiped and 7 Home edition reinstalled on it at no extra charge to you.

Were it me, I'd just send the whole bloody thing back, demand a full refund (which as you used your CC you can do) and start shopping around again. You could probably get something better (with an i7) for just a little more.

...The I Refuse To Pay Extra For Someone Elses MIstake Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.