Loading Startup File

I have a scene that I wish DS to load everytime I start it. I have set this file in Preferences. It doesn't load the file properly as the hdri is always missing and I have to go into 'Open' and load it from there to get the hdri to show. Am I doing something wrong or is this another DS bork?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

I couldn't reproduce the issue... What your DS version?

• Hi Crosswind, my DS version is 4.21.0.05

Ah... I still have 4.21.0.5. After testing, it also works well. Pls check the screenshot I posted below... is that the case you're with?

SNAG-2024-2-7-0027.png
    2560 x 1400 - 365K
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 595
    edited February 7

First screenshot when I start up and what I see.

Second is when I look at preferences.

Third is when I open the file myself.

Edit: and fourth is saving the file.

I am bamboozled and befuddled.

And PS thank you so much for testing this for me, you are a champ!

startup result.PNG
    1920 x 1077 - 255K
    startup.PNG
    1898 x 1029 - 105K
    after opening file.PNG
    1918 x 1079 - 261K
    saving scene.PNG
    1915 x 1080 - 205K
    Post edited by lorraineopua on

Odd.... I'm afraid I have to check and test with the file. You may PM me the duf file if you don't mind.

edited February 7

I can do that. Give me five.

Edit: and maybe not. How do you attach a file to a PM? I've never done this before.

Oh... any file host will work, google drive, mega... etc. etc. Or you send it to my email address. I've PMed you the email address.

• you are so kind! On its way.

edited February 7

I got the file and tested its loading. It works with no problem on my side, no missing HDRI map. Odd... again. I've also checked the coding in DUF file, no problem at all....

After DS is loaded, pls go to open your DS log, search: ruin, see if you can get one or two lines after DUF file is loaded, as shown in the 2nd screenshot.

SNAG-2024-2-8-0028.png
    976 x 1297 - 75K
    SNAG-2024-2-8-0029.png
    1708 x 1268 - 193K
    Post edited by crosswind on
    edited February 7

The hair is piling up round my desk. It SAYS it loaded it...but didn't.

Oh and just to make life that much more interesting...I have that file set up to load on 'New' but it ignores the backdrop. Sometimes I am tempted to copy the DS program file to a cd, take it out into the garden, dig a hole and put the cd in it, drive a wooden stake through it, scatter it with garlic and bury it. It is POSSESSED!

log.PNG
    1880 x 697 - 81K
    edited February 7

But to me, those line framed in red as below, seems not right... it should say: Loaded image... rather than Loading image...

I'm sorry that I do not know for the time being why it doesn't work on your side...crying

Oh ! Maybe you can try using another HDRI map and test it again.

SNAG-2024-2-8-0033.png
    2560 x 1400 - 274K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • I see that now! Yes, it should say loaded. I went back and checked the log and the only time it says 'loaded' is if I have manually opened the file. I will try another hdri and also reinstall DS just in case that's part of the problem. Thank you for all your time and help.

lorraineopua said:

I see that now! Yes, it should say loaded. I went back and checked the log and the only time it says 'loaded' is if I have manually opened the file. I will try another hdri and also reinstall DS just in case that's part of the problem. Thank you for all your time and help.

You're welcome and good luck! yes