Desolate Carnival

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

https://www.daz3d.com/desolated-carnival

Thank you for this, we have broken the unending chain of sci-fi corridors. The only bad news is I can't justify the cost, into the wishlist for the day it may go on sale.

Comments

• Korpin.SulatKorpin.Sulat Posts: 414
    edited February 4

If you have the 20% orange banner, the price actually drops if you add one of the lower-cost debuts. Likely to be a buck or two less if you use the voodoo props. I threw in the ghost projector lights, and with one token I knocked it down to 19 and change.

I saw that and went gaga. It just begs for a wasteland location. I couldn't refuse.

Post edited by Korpin.Sulat on
  • Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206

Nothing like an abandoned fun house. Let's see there's that one in NW Ukraine... — ah, ok, we won't go there — and an elaborate German one is used by a lot of movie directors for their chase scenes. Look up the "Lil Abner" one in Arkansas that had been abandoned for decades, but which of recent made a sort of comeback?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,389

It's so, so cool, I simply must get it today I think. Have three tokens and the banner and can get it down to something like 13 bucks and change, with the voodoo props (which are actually quite nice, too). Still more expensive than I would usually buy, but I really want to support the creation of great assets like this as well, so it's money well spent. Hope it's not too huge, file size wise, as Ansiko's sets tend to be a bit more on the meaty side. But no matter, into my cart it goes ...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Looks pretty cool... it would be great for some sort of dream or hallucination imagery... whoever did the promos nailed the atmosphere perfectly.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

If you have the 20% orange banner, the price actually drops if you add one of the lower-cost debuts. Likely to be a buck or two less if you use the voodoo props. I threw in the ghost projector lights, and with one token I knocked it down to 19 and change.

I saw that and went gaga. It just begs for a wasteland location. I couldn't refuse.

Orange banner makes it about $20. I can't justify spending that much. I'm just excited for something original.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,878

yeah, no disrespect but I would only pick it up on sale as I have no real use for a derelict carnival cool as the idea is

edited February 5

Roman_K2 said:

Nothing like an abandoned fun house. Let's see there's that one in NW Ukraine... — ah, ok, we won't go there — and an elaborate German one is used by a lot of movie directors for their chase scenes. Look up the "Lil Abner" one in Arkansas that had been abandoned for decades, but which of recent made a sort of comeback?

My hometown (Wichita) had Joyland, which stood decaying for a while with nostalgic pockets of the city begging for it to make a comeback from time to time. Someone tried to reopen it about twenty years ago, but it had been gutted, stripped, vandalized, and arsonized so much that it was like waking up someone in the middle of their autopsy. Everyone wants a necromancer until they see the first spell cast.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,793
    It looks amazing! It's not useful for the kind if renders I do, but it's clearly a quality product.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Yup. Sombody needed to scratch a niche.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,335

A fantastic set. With the 'Buried City Remains' https://www.daz3d.com/buried-city-remains they have also chosen exactly the right environment for the promos. I put both on the wishlist right away.

edited February 5

Bonuses: Looking at it, you'd think it would be a huge, GPU-draining set, but that's far from the case. The details are every bit as sharp as the promos if not actually a little better in clearer light, yet they don't take a lot of memory. The entire download itself is barely over half a gig. Ansiko knocked it out of the park.

edited April 11

Korpin.Sulat said:

My hometown (Wichita) had
    Joyland, which stood decaying for a while with nostalgic pockets of the city begging for it to make a comeback from time to time.

Yeah we had a planetarium that could not cut it; I hope they didn't give the Carl Zeiss projector the toss!  Ditto one of the first geodesic dome theaters, which has become a football of shots - keep it, scrap it, the list goes on. A few scandals too; ergo when the smell of international development money wafts in people get crazy jockeying for position in something they previously had no interest in.

It's funny how things wax and wane, pressured by the global tourist trade I guess. I was looking at Warwick Castle (Wikipedia link) which has been the setting or inspiration for lots of stuff... owned for a while by a "Disney theme parks" type of global entertainment syndicate.

Besides the boneyard at the Davis-Monthan air force base (Wikipedia) there is or was a place in the desert where they took old Las Vegas signs. Or how about the Cappadocia region of Turkey. Entire villages, consisting of homes, shops, places of religious worship as well as wineries, are carved and built underground or inside caves.

(Edit: sorry I took that last part ^ ^ ^ from a tourism/travel agency bookings sort of web page)

Post edited by Roman_K2 on
  • dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 754

Korpin.Sulat said:

Bonuses: Looking at it, you'd think it would be a huge, GPU-draining set, but that's far from the case. The details are every bit as sharp as the promos if not actually a little better in clearer light, yet they don't take a lot of memory. The entire download itself is barely over half a gig. Ansiko knocked it out of the park.

I wish the products that have such a drain on memory would put that in the ad. I had to upgrade to a 2 terabyte hard drive and totally avoid HDRI or bill boards. 

• dennisgray41dennisgray41 Posts: 754

Korpin.Sulat said:

I wish the products that have such a drain on memory would put that in the ad. I had to upgrade to a 2 terabyte hard drive and totally avoid HDRI or bill boards. 

Copy that.

Copy that!

One offender in recent years: Larson's Chateau Blanche (now deprecated). “Fully modelled and detailed interiors”? Um, I don't think so!