need blood/liquid prop for animation

i made an animation which is attached below now i am trying to add more to this animation in which blood is driping from hero/dead bodies wounds

i cant find any prop that is good liquid or has morphs sliders that i can use to create animation effect

if anybody have suggestions for any products that can do the job please mention them :)

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,852

using something like BorisFX Particle Illusion in post is probably your best bet

the Standalone is free but limited (I use it a lot layered in Hitfilm)

most video editors have some tracking capabilities, I know Hitfilm Express does and DaVinci Resolve would too

• trojanx97trojanx97 Posts: 36

i will refine in post processing but i want to make some sort of animation inside daz3d

i have seen these liquid animations in nsfw vdos but i dont know the products names

i could use one of these liquid animations and change material to red/blood

edited January 28

good luck then

you could of course use FLUIDOS

a lot of work for a bit of blood IMO

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • trojanx97 said:

i made an animation which is attached below now i am trying to add more to this animation in which blood is driping from hero/dead bodies wounds

i cant find any prop that is good liquid or has morphs sliders that i can use to create animation effect

if anybody have suggestions for any products that can do the job please mention them :)

Just out of curiosity - do you know any good dripping props at all? I have some sort of an ancient liquid pack I use all the time, but I'd like something newer/better. Water/Splash/Drip FX props are always in high demand in my library.

• trojanx97trojanx97 Posts: 36

mwasielewski1990 said:

Just out of curiosity - do you know any good dripping props at all? I have some sort of an ancient liquid pack I use all the time, but I'd like something newer/better. Water/Splash/

Drip FX props are always in high demand in my library.

no bro havent found useful liquid prop yet

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,226

Like Wendy says, I'd go the route of doing it in post. I really like the Blood/Gore FX they have at Action VFX

In-Scene options might include (again suggested by Wendy) Fluidos or his particles simulator, or:

Make a small splay shape plane. It could even be a plane with a Blood Drop opacity cutout, etc.,

Make it into a dForce object

Play around with the friction vs gravity settings to get the slide/fall working as it should. Sickleyield might even have a dForce splat.

If you go this route, try setting a stack of these near the floor, each separated in the y axis, but otherwise pretty much right on top of each other. Again, play with their friction, stretch, etc., settings and the gravity settings. See if when the falling drop hits them it makes a spash. 

These are the sorts of experiements one might expect to go through to create such a thing in-scene. 

The nice part about doing it in post is that it won't require nearly as much testing of simulation or rendering over and over again until it finally starts to actually look like blood dripping. 

Here's one of the AVFX collections

• charlescharles Posts: 775

I can kind of imagine what you want to do. There are MANY techniques to solve this. None of them trivial. Fluids physics is one of the most CPU expensive procedures to obtain....correctly, esepcially when you are refering to animation. In single frames this isn't that big of a deal using stuff like AI bumping with inpainting. A number of factors do apply to how best and reasonably to achieve the effect. How tight or close up of the camera framing are you wanting? If not tight you can probably get by with a shell animation or decal projection framing on the daz character. Tighter closeups you are going to need to explore maybe some Blender addons for fluids. You can use the Daz FLUIDS, but ya, have fun with that.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited February 2

I used sickleyields water props with deformers or Nerd3d water props . best tools for water animation & both give great results for liquid blood in animation. you can keyframe static water props using deformers

I have made some killa animations of using fludios for blood as well  but my gore animations tend to get removed from youtube and Daz forums in a split second. so I'll try to post one that is kind of tame with the gore.

At the 2:57min mark on this animation below there is blood flying everywhere as the plant eats the man , I used static water drop props and reworked texture maps for blood on the man-eating plant

click pic below to play, best viewed in 1080hd

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Amazing story, Ivy, as usual.

Ivy said:

I used sickleyields water props with deformers or Nerd3d water props . best tools for water animation & both give great results for liquid blood in animation. you can keyframe static water props using deformers

I have made some killa animations of using fludios for blood as well  but my gore animations tend to get removed from youtube and Daz forums in a split second. so I'll try to post one that is kind of tame with the gore.

At the 2:57min mark on this animation below there is blood flying everywhere as the plant eats the man , I used static water drop props and reworked texture maps for blood on the man-eating plant

yes I knew Sickleyield had something that could help!

Oh yeah... I haven't used my Nerd3D Water Drops since I started using Studio! I'll have to dig that out again! Thanks! :)

Awesome vid!!!

LOL I too use Nerd's stuff a lot but no use to the OP as no longer available so did not suggest it

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909

It's a few years old but https://www.daz3d.com/add-on-for-zombie has 15 splashes,

Artini said:

Amazing story, Ivy, as usual.

Thank you :)

Dartanbeck said:

Ivy said:

Oh yeah... I haven't used my Nerd3D Water Drops since I started using Studio! I'll have to dig that out again! Thanks! :)

Awesome vid!!!

Tha nk you, most of Nerd3d content still works in in daz .  too, some of his old scripts are broken like the spash tool. Which you can still get to work but you have to hand keyframe the keyframe cycle other wise th waterfall tools , shower tool , footprints, all still work

WendyLuvsCatz said:

LOL I too use Nerd's stuff a lot but no use to the OP as no longer available so did not suggest it

yes its is unfortunate he had some really great content  , he was at hivewire a long time after he left daz. and I picked most up all his tools there, If you contact Nerds on renderosity he may help you get hooked up with older legacy content. I had a issue with the footprint tool, my download zip was corrupted and he gave me a download link to replace it.  He not as active as he once was, but you can still find him at renderosity, I think most of his content now is dedicated to poser.  from my library all his content still works in Daz stuio 4.12-4.16 & Poser 11 & 12 I never upgrade to 13 so I could say if they work in that poser.

But your sugestion about fludios is spot on and really once you get use to the set up its not that bad to use. I'll use it in simple things like water leaks or  wave action on a beach or water ina fish tank lol :D

Ivy said:

Dartanbeck said:

Ivy said:

Awesome vid!!!

Tha nk you, most of Nerd3d content still works in in daz .  too, some of his old scripts are broken like the spash tool. Which you can still get to work but you have to hand keyframe the keyframe cycle other wise th waterfall tools , shower tool , footprints, all still work

Yes! I also had the Rain tool working, and the store still sells Blowin' In the Wind. I haven't checked yet if the Rain tool is still available (Edit: Argh! It's Not! :(   ). I'd imagine that we could figure out how to use that for blood splats. The single steam drops look great and so do the splashes.

I wonder if someone contacted him through Rendo (is he still working there?) and asked if they could buy them, if he'd help them out somehow?

edited February 4

Here's a Sickleyield product that I wanted to get and try for such things - but haven't picked it up yet.

dForce Splats, to me, seems like a great way to go.

In my use of dforce I've experimented a lot with various friction options on either and then both colliding objects. And not just friction either. I have a feeling that something like this would make for a great start - if it doesn't already work the way you want right out of the box. Sickleyield has quite the active imagination! 

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Dartanbeck said:

Here's a Sickleyield product that I wanted to get and try for such things - but haven't picked it up yet.

dForce Splats, to me, seems like a great way to go.

In my use of dforce I've experimented a lot with various friction options on either and then both colliding objects. And not just friction either. I have a feeling that something like this would make for a great start - if it doesn't already work the way you want right out of the box. Sickleyield has quite the active imagination! 

I don't have this water prop here yet

I agree Sickleyield products are killer , and very easy to work with in animation.  the best thing of Sickleyield static props are made simple, usually one node or bone which make them easy to use in animation when manipulating a the props, a lot of her static props will take to the deforce modifier weight mapping when you need to make something static deforce. like her shackled props . worked great for this animation

https://www.ivysdomain.com/video/Banish-the-curse%20of-a-soul.mp4

Awesome! Yes, I use dForce for all kinds of stuff - and a lot of my stuff is legacy content. Between dForce and VWD Cloth and Hair 2, I'm able to make a Lot of things happen in-render.

Cool video, BTW. I love that one!