Prices higher in cart?

Maybe this has been addressed before and as this is my first venture into the forum I'm not sure this is where to post this... But, has anyone else noticed Lightning Deal prices being significantly higher once the item has been added to your cart? $3.68 becomes $5.29 once in the cart. Before tax, of course. If I add a second item from the Lightning Deal page the price will come down to the posted price but disappears if that other item is deleted from my cart. I've missed out on some deals due to this. 

Comments

• Yes, it has been noted in the main sales thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/639576/hot-new-northern-season-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only#latest - it seems to be the way the cart works when theer are stacking discounts that depend on number of items (if you put all four items in cart you should see the same price).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,253

"the way the cart works" is an explanation for why this is happening, but not an acceptable excuse for any company to advertise one price and charge another. The Lightning Deals page does not say that the posted price requires the purchase of additional items.

Richard is just the messenger here. As forum moderator he has no responsibility for any of the daily Daz sales and pricing mess.

You can go ahead and buy the Lightning Deal at the higher price and gather screenshots of the advertised price and the cart price. Then submit a help request to Sales support requesting a refund of the difference you paid. You may wait days, weeks, months or forever for your ticket to be processed, though. Sales support used to be fast and reliable, but not anymore.

• So when i add ONE item  from the lighting sale.

Iron Warrior for Genesis 8 Female that shows $1.21

but when it get in the cart it show $1.61

As I said it is the only item in the cart?

• Will have to look at the last few orders and see if I have over paid.

Is Daz using fujitsu accounting programs by any chance?

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 579
    edited January 22
    So 20 mins after I posted the price has leveled out on the lighting sale page and I mycart. AT $5.03 WTF
    Post edited by myotherworld on
  • ElorElor Posts: 749
    edited January 22

You likely looked at a product's price a couple of minutes before a new Daz day started (midnight in Utah I think), then a couple of minutes after the start of Daz day: the week-end sale ended at midnight and any discount applied to Lightning Deals were removed at the same time, hence the rising price.

Post edited by Elor on
  • myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 579
    edited January 22
    No. As I said. If you read my post. I was looking at the lighting sale. That last 3 hours only
    Post edited by myotherworld on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,597

myotherworld said:

No. As I said. If you read my post. I was looking at the lighting sale. That last 3 hours only

Lightning deals change at 11PM Daztime and at Daz midnight (an hour later) the price can change because the stacking discounts change from one day to another.

• ElorElor Posts: 749
    edited January 22

I did read your messages, that's why I'm speaking about Lightning Deals in mine.

While a Lightning Deals selection lasts 3h, during these three hours, only the 60% Lightning Deals discount is a certainty: if a promotion starts during this three hours, it'll be applied to the Lightning Deals and you'll see their prices lowered. If a promotion ends during this three hours, their prices will rise (and if a Daz subscription end during this three hours, I suppose the price will rise too, but I never had an opportunity to test it).

What happened to you is simple: you looked at your Lightning Deals (which were refreshed at 11PM Daz time) a couple of minutes before the end of Daz day (midnight in Utah) when you likely saw discounts between 90 and 95% on a couple of these Lightning Deals (with a bug that made some of them priced higher in the cart).

Twenty minutes later, when you looked at them another time, it was a new Daz day: the week-end sale was not active anymore, so you likely saw the typical 72% discount (60 % due to the Lightning Deals, 30 % because they are all Daz Originals and you have an active Daz+ subscription, at least according to your forum profile).

Post edited by Elor on