Script of New... (Legacy) for DS 4.22+

crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Starting from 4.22, there's new way of "New..." to clear and create a New Scene with a dialogue (plus Ads). Most of the time, at least on my side, it takes 7 ~ 10  seconds to open that dialogue after pressing Ctrl + N, which is annoying. So I wrote a simple script to bring back the legacy way of "New...".  If you also wanna have this "legacy way" in 4.22 +, pls give it a try.

The script locates in Script sub-folder, just extract the folder to your Daz Library. As usual, create a Custom Action for the script in Content Library.  F3, drag the action to Main Toolbar and/or Main Menu - File...as needed. Then assign a shortcut.(e.g. Shift + N...)

Any issue, pls let me know... as I'm still a newbie to Daz Script.

zip
zip
Legacy New...Script.zip
SNAG-2024-1-19-0053.png
527 x 1026 - 120K

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

The delay seems to be gone in the latest Beta, so hopefully it will make it to the General Release version sooner than DAZ Soon...

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Unfortunately I saw less improvement on my side with PB version... sometimes it's fast, sometimes it delays...I'm at non US location, not sure of root cause.

• crosswind said:

Starting from 4.22, there's new way of "New..." to clear and create a New Scene with a dialogue (plus Ads). Most of the time, at least on my side, it takes 7 ~ 10  seconds to open that dialogue after pressing Ctrl + N, which is annoying. So I wrote a simple script to bring back the legacy way of "New...".  If you also wanna have this "legacy way" in 4.22 +, pls give it a try.

The script locates in Script sub-folder, just extract the folder to your Daz Library. As usual, create a Custom Action for the script in Content Library.  F3, drag the action to Main Toolbar and/or Main Menu - File...as needed. Then assign a shortcut.(e.g. Shift + N...)

This just clears the scene and resets viewport, doesn't load any default scene if set in Daz Studio settings.

Also, it doesn't add environment and render settings nodes to newly cleared scene.

edited January 21

johndoe_36eb90b0 said:

crosswind said:

This just clears the scene and resets viewport, doesn't load any default scene if set in Daz Studio settings.

If you mean the scene you set in F2 - Scene - On New..., nope... I did not call that function in the script, because if you need to load a scene file, you don't need my script. You just create a Custom Action for that default scene, then shortcut to open it.

Besides, if you set a scene file On "New", after pressing Ctrl + N with 4.22+, you'll notice that in the New Scene dialogue, that scene will be shown as "New", i.e. you'll just open that scene rather than creating a brand new empty scene....But if setting something like Scene Subset or Render Settings... DUF file with On "New",  may add : Scene.loadScene(" path + file ", "MergeFile"); after each ClearScene(); in the script, e.g.:

ClearScene();  Scene.loadScene("D:/My DAZ3D Library/Render Settings/default1.duf", "MergeFile");

Also, it doesn't add environment and render settings nodes to newly cleared scene.

No, it doesn't. The default New... function doesn't load them either. I certainly can add code to load them but I just wanna keep the script simple and for general purpose only. Or add some code as above mentioned..

Post edited by crosswind on
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

Immediately added to scripts drop down and works perfectly. thank you.

StratDragon said:

Immediately added to scripts drop down and works perfectly. thank you.

You're welcome ! blush