Abandonned District [Commercial]

Mely3DMely3D Posts: 99
edited December 2015 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hello everybody,
Many of you have to buy my first product (MK-209) and I thank you, I hope it gives you complete satisfaction!
Abandoned district should be out in a few weeks ....
You will find in this product all you need to create a district abandonned. Street, bridge, rubble, ivy, building and all the necessary tools to make the scenes more realistic.
I hope that this product will be able to help you create the scenes you want.
Feel free to send your feedback to improve the next products.
Thank you all
Mely

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Looks interesting.  Almost looks like the last time I visited Toronto with all of the sidewalk construction going on.  :)

• Looks pretty nice!

• I asked over in commons before I saw this thread. But, anyway, I'm having trouble telling how good the building textures are, especially for closeups at street level. If somebody has got it could you please post a few renders, especially one in 3Dl?  Even at 75% off the price is still $7.24 plus the cost of a new release, so I'd like to be sure it is a really nice set before I get it.

Thanks,

Charlie

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 2015

Greetings,

I asked over in commons before I saw this thread. But, anyway, I'm having trouble telling how good the building textures are, especially for closeups at street level. If somebody has got it could you please post a few renders, especially one in 3Dl?  Even at 75% off the price is still $7.24 plus the cost of a new release, so I'd like to be sure it is a really nice set before I get it.

Thanks,

Charlie

I'm doing a quick test render with it right now, and the textures are definitely decent.  They're not Stonemason's level of 'From a helicopter, down to curb-stomping an alien', but they're not 'Shantara City' big-blob-of-crap either.

Frankly, I think they're pretty good.  There's a little bit of weirdness, in that the interiors of the buildings use the same texture as the exterior, which means that you have brick walls inside the buildings, but that's almost unnoticeable.

Since my render is only at 422 iterations, and has a long time to go, I took a screen-grab of the scene so far.  Hope it helps!

Edit: Whoops!  I guess the png is too big!  I added a .jpg, hopefully that'll work without too much distortion.  Caveat is that this IS Iray, because I don't do 3DL anymore.  (I never made sense of 3DL lighting, and Iray is tons more intuitive to me.)  Also this is only ~420 iterations into the render.

-- Morgan

Render Temp.jpg
    1544 x 1299 - 1005K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,371
    edited December 2015

Thanks Morgan. That really helps a lot and it looks like the street level textures will be quite useable; if not Stonemason then at least on a par with the old Predatron 'City Streets'  (http://www.daz3d.com/city-streets) which I still use. 

So, I'm going to go ahead and get it along with the new Dirt and Grime shaders.

Thanks and Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday seaon,

Charlie 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on