Now that's Fine Print!

1235»

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    lx said:

I finally figured out why I didn't understand the whole punch thing when this sale first started. Is it meant to be called a "punchcard sale"? Because it's called a "punchard sale" and I saw it again today and was confused all over again. I was sure "Punchard" was the easter bunny wearing character in the banner that people are meant to want to punch 'ard.

Where did you see this?

http://www.daz3d.com/december-2015-punchard-sale

on the URL, on the top of that page...

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,053
    edited December 2015
    lx said:

I finally figured out why I didn't understand the whole punch thing when this sale first started. Is it meant to be called a "punchcard sale"? Because it's called a "punchard sale" and I saw it again today and was confused all over again. I was sure "Punchard" was the easter bunny wearing character in the banner that people are meant to want to punch 'ard.

Where did you see this?

URL and title of the sale page both read "December 2015 Punchard Sale" (I wouldn't have noticed if Ix had not posted about it though ^^)

Punchard must be a friend of Buddles ;)

Post edited by Leana on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Leana said:
    lx said:

Where did you see this?

URL and title of the sale page both read "December 2015 Punchard Sale" (I wouldn't have noticed if Ix had not posted about it though ^^)

Punchard must be a friend of Buddles ;)

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

Purchased Mars and no punches here either.

They really shouldn't set up such complicated sales if their technology can't even process them accurately; even if you're onboard for the dubious value propositions, and the gotcha-fine-print, these are always a nightmare.

But this is a rehash of an old sale, one that they've used at least three times in the past, so it's mature.

• Looks like the rules changed midsale.  Now punches no longer expire.

• That right! Great news! Punches no longer expire :) 

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited December 2015

YES! Thank you, DAZ! Finally a sensable policy :)

So I suppose we all lost our old punches then?

edit: oh, nevermind, it's still here :D

Post edited by mtl1 on
    edited December 2015

<insert generic "where is my second punch so that I can buy a gift card to buy a third punch so I can buy a gift card to buy a fourth punch" here complaint>

This was a well thought out system.

Edit: Found a fix!

1. Delete all Daz cookies
    2, Put item in cart to check new price
    3. Buy Gift Card at new price above
    4. Redeem Gift Card
    5. Buy item with store credit
    6. Repeat until at desired punch level
    7. Punch punchard

Post edited by lx_2807502 on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662

I'm guessing punch savings don't apply to the 'featured Artists'?

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2015
    wiz said:
    lx said:

<insert generic "where is my second punch so that I can buy a gift card to buy a third punch so I can buy a gift card to buy a fourth punch" here complaint>

4. Redeem Gift Card 
    7. Punch punchard

Yep, but don't forget the most important part- your first item should be the LOWEST priced item, get a punch, then buy the next lowest price item, get a punch...etc. That really applied in the previous punch sales where we were getting ready to go from one level onto the next highest one (when it took 5 punches to get to the next discount)  You buy the lower priced item to get to the next level, no matter how they have it structured. . wink

One thing to note about gift cards, I don't think you can buy gift cards with store credit (if I recall correctly) so leave some funds for those. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:
    wiz said:
    lx said:

4. Redeem Gift Card 
    7. Punch punchard

Yep, but don't forget the most important part- your first item should be the LOWEST priced item, get a punch, then buy the next lowest price item, get a punch...etc. That really applied in the previous punch sales where we were getting ready to go from one level onto the next highest one (when it took 5 punches to get to the next discount)  You buy the lower priced item to get to the next level, no matter how they have it structured. . wink

One thing to note about gift cards, I don't think you can buy gift cards with store credit (if I recall correctly) so leave some funds for those. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.) 

Yeah, I bought the first new PC+ item last week and then the new one this week as my 2nd punch. You can't buy gift cards with store credit but each successive time it gets cheaper so it may or may not be better to do it at once, depending on how much you get charged for conversion fees / if you do at all. 

Now that I have a decent amount of punches I've been looking at the PA catalogues on sale but honestly it's just too much math for me to be bothered. I'm fine with sales like this but have a web interface that's capable of showing updated prices :/

• hjakehjake Posts: 812

Thanks DAZ, I had hit the 5 punches by last Saturday, so Tuesday night would have been the end of the Holiday Fun for moi.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I'm really grateful the punches are 'permanent' now; I maxed them pretty much as soon as I got the note about it.

Now I'm in a good spot to be able to afford the Little Ones toons and props and stuff...very cool!

--  Morgan

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593

...being on a very limited budget and rather selective as to what I need, punch sales do nothing for me.

• cdemeritcdemerit Posts: 505

Well, after they changed the punches not to expire, I decided to try and up my punch count to get a better deal on a giftcard... And ran smack dab into the main reason I avoid punch type sales... I purchased 2 items last night, and the punches still aren't showing up... (several relogs later and 9 hours). A ticket has been submitted, but it is unlikely It will be resolved in the next 15 minutes, when I need to leave for work, and since I won't be home until after todays giftcard sale ends, The main reason for the purchase will be missed, again... It'll likely all work out in the end, but it seems any punch card type sales end up being more work than they are worth...

edited December 2015
    cdemerit said:

Well, after they changed the punches not to expire, I decided to try and up my punch count to get a better deal on a giftcard... And ran smack dab into the main reason I avoid punch type sales... I purchased 2 items last night, and the punches still aren't showing up... (several relogs later and 9 hours). A ticket has been submitted, but it is unlikely It will be resolved in the next 15 minutes, when I need to leave for work, and since I won't be home until after todays giftcard sale ends, The main reason for the purchase will be missed, again... It'll likely all work out in the end, but it seems any punch card type sales end up being more work than they are worth...

Mine weren't refreshing either until I deleted all my cookies from Daz sites and logged in again. They updated instantly then.

Post edited by lx_2807502 on