Where is Hexagon Mac64?

I moved all my Daz stuff to my new computer, but Hexagon Mac 32 no longer opens on my new mac

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Hexagon does not currently work on macOS Catalina or later.

• I am not sure it will ever be deveoped for a MacOS 64 bit version. However I didn't think Strata3D would ever get there either but it did. The difference is Strata charges for it's software. What incentive is there for a Hexagon 64 bit version to be deveoped when it's free, answer me that.

Raytownmike said:

I am not sure it will ever be deveoped for a MacOS 64 bit version. However I didn't think Strata3D would ever get there either but it did. The difference is Strata charges for it's software. What incentive is there for a Hexagon 64 bit version to be deveoped when it's free, answer me that.

A number of Daz3D PAs like it.  There was a 64-bit beta version a few years ago, including a Mac64 version, but Catalina broke it again. 

• So there is a 64bit MacOS version? Not sure I follow.

Raytownmike said:

So there is a 64bit MacOS version? Not sure I follow.

There was, but it doesn't work on Catalina or later. 

• I wonder, from a techical perspective, why it didn't hold up? Are they working on a version that will work with the curreny MacOS, 14.2.1 (23C71)? 

• tranetrane Posts: 0

Raytownmike said:

I wonder, from a techical perspective, why it didn't hold up? Are they working on a version that will work with the curreny MacOS, 14.2.1 (23C71)? 

Given that the most recent beta of even the Windows software is from 2018, I'd imagine that Hexagon as a product should be considered to be deprecated. Shame that.