Odd question about Hot Summer Nights for G3F

This is going to sound weird, but if anyone has this outfit, could you possibly post a quick picture (gray render is fine) of how the dress handles a very high kick? I need to make a picture with a woman in a very similar dress doing a really high kick, and it's important that the dress remain as tight fitting as possible (there should be little to no 'loose' cloth).

Also, does that dress have any posing handles? I'm going to try transmapping the MFD as well because of all it's adjustments, but the Hot Summer Nights one comes very close to what I need out of the box. Just need to know if it bunches up or sags in that situation. Thanks very much in advance for any help.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited November 2015

There are a couple of dynamic outfits that might come close, and the high kick would be doable. Would likely have to change the shaders with them, but might work well.

Teddy for Genesis 2 Female might suite your needs; I've always had issues getting it to work with G3F though. Usually there is not problem using the dynamic items on any figure.

If you want a render, if the design fits your requirements, let me know.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Hm, from what I see, Teddy for Genesis 2 Female (by Xena?) is not dynamic.

OK, here's a related but also different question. These two very rough images using the Chole Dress for G2F show what I'm talking about. In the first render, the normal behavior is shown. The second one was taken with Printscreen *while I was turning dials*. That is actually the look I want, but Studio automatically makes the adjustments once the dials are released. I've tried turning off Smoothing and all of the usual assisting functions (although I have not gone into any Parameter settings to try and disable any JCMs or anything complex like that), but I can't force it hold that 'tight' look. 

Any advice is appreciated.  :)

normal.jpg
    943 x 707 - 72K
    moving.jpg
    956 x 708 - 73K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

At this point, I'd say your best bet is to make a custom morph...get it as close as you can and then export the dress to a modeller and 'tighten' it up.  Probably easier than disabling all the JCMs and what not.

edited November 2015

Sorry, I foolishly expected the name to bear some resemblance to the product's name in the runtime; I really should know better by now. blush

http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-lingerie-collection-for-victoria-6-and-victoria-5-supermodel

There are different items, so don't let the promo picture put you off... Not much cloth in that. :)

Yeh I find dynamics give better looks, usually; some items that look to have been sprayed on, can look good in some circumstances though.

Post edited by nicstt on
    edited November 2015

I knew I'd seen something else and had to find it; it might be a little short. The thing I've noticed about a lot of conforming clothes is that they stretch as they bend, so don't behave realistically - or at least they stretch far more than they should. The image, kick2 has no smoothing modifier, or sub d on it; it's a genesis item btw, if you're interested.

Pretty sure I have another item, although that is a skirt iirc. It's also a free item, presuming I find it.

z-sample-kick.jpg
    781 x 1105 - 195K
    z-sample-kick2.jpg
    781 x 1105 - 189K
    Post edited by nicstt on

Thanks very much for the information. It needs to be a full dress and I might have to make multiple frames, so doing that much repair work in postwork would be rough. I also don't have any good modelers (except Blender, which I do not know how to use well enough). Probably just going to have to make do with the dress I have.

I am still curious if there's a way to force Studio to prevent performing whatever fitting and other calculations are happenng when a parameter dial is released. That could come in handy in other situations. Also if anyone does have Hot Summer Nights as I originally mentioned, I'd be very appreciative if you could post a gray render of a kick in that dress.

Thanks again for the suggestions so far.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited November 2015

Not sure if it's short enough, but there is the free OptiTex Tank Dress...it's for V4, usable on G3F, especially with an animated drape.

http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload04.php

kick.png
    800 x 1000 - 225K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on

Thanks Mjc, that does fold well but the dress has to be very form-fitting (like Hot Summer Nights and Chloe).  I guess I can wait for either a sale on Hot Summer Nights or a pic showing a high kick in it before going ahead with this. Maybe this would be a good excuse to finally learn how to adjust clothing somewhat in Blender (once I finish two other projects that is).   :)