Permaconvert V4/M4 clothing items to G3F/G2F/M

Hi there!

Is there a way to perma convert V4/M4 clothing to Genesis 2/3?  I ask, as the memory usage is off the charts when just autofitting.  As in, I had to render a scene in two parts and composite the figures as 16 GB was not cutting it.  

During the prep for Iray portion, it would fill up all the way to 16GB then blamo!  I have done other scenes without any V4 / M4 content and had up to 6-7 G2F / G2M with far less memory usage.

If not, I suppose the solution is get more RAM, but DDR4 is expensive :(

Thanks in advance!

-G

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, run autofit as usual, then when the item is fitted, select it and then File > Save As > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset.

I usually name it something like Originalname_G3F and save it to a 'Converted' folder under G3F clothing.

• Awesome thanks! Going to try that now.  Will report my findings, if the memory usage drops significantly.  

• ViallyVially Posts: 343
    edited August 2016

So question on this.

Once the model has been updated and now fits G3F, can the original be removed from DAZ 3D, or does it need to stay were it is as the original to the new refereence?

Guess I could try moving an original file to see if it still loads correctly under teh new save, was just hoping to save some time/effort if someone already knows the answer to this.

Thanks,

V

Post edited by Vially on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Vially said:
    Once the model has been updated and now fits G3F, can the original be removed from DAZ 3D, or does it need to stay were it is as the original to the new refereence?

If you've done the Save As Figure Asset properly, the saved scene subset containing the new converted clothes will be totally independent of the original one. It will also use a completely new generated set of /data/ files, but remember it will still need the same texture files (and don't forget the material presets that go with them).

• BoltBolt Posts: 21

Does AutoFit remove all morphs from the old Generation 4 item?  If so, is there a way to convert them too or get them back?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I believe it doesn't actually remove them, but instead hides them, so you would just need to identify the ones that are relevant and unhide them.

• Morphs remain, and are not hidden. however, if they were not really morphs but controls driving custom bones not in the base figure (for example skirt handles or hair-tails) then the bones themselves will be lost and the controls will do nothing useful.

• I am working on doing the same thing with shoes. I do have morphs but didn't know about the handles being lost. I had the "wear them all" clones and somethings from Sickleyeild that if I am not mistaken add basic handles and controls to dresses and things that need them. It makes the whole going from V4 to G3 thing pretty quick and painless. When I save my shoes I tell it the fitted item is based on G3 and for G3 (even though it use to be for V4) so autofit doesn't try to fix my fixed file when I load it and choose fit to.