Daz 3D and Cascadeur

Earlier this year I went through a process of exporting a G8 model from Daz via FBX .. Importing it into Cascadeur .. auto-rigging it .. and then exporting a base pose from Daz .. importing that into Cascadeur with the "Import fbx / dae > add animation to selected frame" option so it applies the pose to the imported model.. and then would use the now posed model as a base for animation and it would work fine. 

But now it doesn't work.

For starters the FBX doesn't seem to import in to Cascadeur anymore. Only Collada exports seem to work.

And the pipeline of setting up a base pose (using Collada exports from Daz) .. applies the pose but then when moving a node the model immediately flips into a standard A-Pose or some crazy bent out of position pose.

I know this is a Daz forum .. but .. I don't know if the problem is coming from Daz (I'm on 4.21.05) and something wrong with the exports (or the settings in the exports) .. or if it's a Cascaduer issue.

If anybody is using Cascadeur - have you seen something similar? Or is it just me?

Comments