Show Us Your Bryce Renders!

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And once again one of my renders has made it into the PC newsletter. That's 3 months in a row I have got a Bryce render onto the PC newsletter

THeme was Homecoming.

Wonderful scene Pam! Surely deserving of it's place in the newsletter (better yet if we had a Bryce gallery!). I hope that new PC arrives soon and you'll perhaps consider letting me set up some new lights on one of your old scenes?

Rashad, thank you! Testing progresses... Only work gets in the way - I think I will be digging holes today (it is harder work in the real world).

Image: Vicky is feeling pensive, curious holes have appeared in the roof, but no workmen have been seen. What does it mean?

LOL Alien's attack great.

BTW David I have this big cardboard box sitting on the floor beside me, covered with red and white, fragile/this way up/ caution etc tape and daring me to open it, but I am being very good and finishing my morning forum chores before doing so.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Kerya said:
    Horo said:
    Kerya said:
    *Looks hopefully*
    Any chance to find out where Graham found them?

Here: http://graphics.stanford.edu/data/3Dscanrep/

:D
    Thank you!

They're in a format called .ply which Bryce does not recognize so they need to be converted from that to .obj or some other format Bryce does recognize. I prefer .obj though as it seems a bit less resource (memory) intensive. Then with some of them after that you will need to reduce the density of the mesh to be able to get it to successfully import. Now I have found one program and it's free that can do the conversion as well as the mesh reduction. It's called Meshlab and can be found here: http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

The reduction process is a bit involved though, I did a post somewhere in one of the threads detailing how to do the reduction but at the moment I'm not sure where it is, perhaps Horo or David remembers though and can post a link?

Thank you very much!

You're very welcome. :)

• AtlantisAtlantis Posts: 133
    edited September 2012

UFO hovering above holiday camp.

default2.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 51K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    BTW David I have this big cardboard box sitting on the floor beside me, covered with red and white, fragile/this way up/ caution etc tape and daring me to open it, but I am being very good and finishing my morning forum chores before doing so.

There is such a thing as willpower but my god, that's superhuman willpower. :)

edited December 1969

@tlantis said:

I love your renders but I should give up hoping for brighter scenes, shouldn't I? :)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Yes I got two curious catling prowling around the box (necause we all know that when A box arrives through the front door it must be for the cats, don't we) and they can't understand why they can't get into it.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Yes I got two curious catling prowling around the box (necause we all know that when A box arrives through the front door it must be for the cats, don't we) and they can't understand why they can't get into it.

My five cats agree with you completely, our house has at any given time at least a half dozen empty boxes laying around just to fullfill their daily box habits and obviously I'm taking aside from litter boxes :)

edited December 1969

Yeah, at the moment, apart from the new one we have 4 boxes, the new carrycase to take them down the vets (which they have adopted as well) and an empty wastepaper basket on it's side, empty as the recycling stuff was put out this morning. although they will try to get in it when it is full, which can be quite funny as they are basically full grown now, being just on a year old.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

That's odd because I only have 8GB's also but I was able to do it. Now I can say that it did seem as if I was pushing the limits of my system but it never hung, although I just converted from the .ply to .obj and then started reducing the mesh from there. I believe you did it slightly different though?

Oh I've tried it your way as well. I can convert it to obj but the 2.5 GB model won't fit into Bryce. Mesh reduction is mandatory.

edited December 1969

@tlantis said:

Very nice with the light rays from the UFO. A bit dark on the monitor I'm looking at your artwork.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And once again one of my renders has made it into the PC newsletter. That's 3 months in a row I have got a Bryce render onto the PC newsletter

THeme was Homecoming.

Congratulations, well earned!

edited December 1969

The reason why operation deepscan ( 1987 ) at Loch Ness Failed ..........

ness.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 147K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

@tlantis said:
    The reason why operation deepscan ( 1987 ) at Loch Ness Failed ..........

That pose! ROTFL!

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

YAY I found my bryce 4 cd's thanks to horo motivating me to go searching, but that isn't all I found! Stumbled across an old cd I burned back in 2000 with some 3d meshes including a folder of bryce .obp's and guess who wandered over to my bryce 7.1 install and made himself at home as soon as I popped in the cd? EEK he's even infected my forum avatar pic now, guess he can even scare away a predator lol.

Yes I have the original obp of him as released by the creator! I'm sure several of you can name him, and for bonus points how about the man who introduced us to him back in the good old 20th century? I hope the forum does the auto resize thing properly now... :D

creepy.png
    1514 x 845 - 1M
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Eeeeek!
    Don Tatro's Creepy clown!
    http://digitalpalettestudio.com/

• greymouser69greymouser69 Posts: 499
    edited December 1969

Indeed! Sadly bryce-alive.net doesn't seem to be responding so I had to use the wayback machine to go looking again after all these years.

Hard to believe Don's been gone 8 years now. R.I.P. sir, creepy will live on!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Eeeeek!
    Don Tatro's Creepy clown!
    http://digitalpalettestudio.com/

THanks for that Link Kerya, I had lost it somewhere along the way. Don had so many useful little things on his site, it is so nice to know it is still around, even if he is sadly no longer with us.
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    That's odd because I only have 8GB's also but I was able to do it. Now I can say that it did seem as if I was pushing the limits of my system but it never hung, although I just converted from the .ply to .obj and then started reducing the mesh from there. I believe you did it slightly different though?

Oh I've tried it your way as well. I can convert it to obj but the 2.5 GB model won't fit into Bryce. Mesh reduction is mandatory.

Yeah as I recall, of the stanford models requiring mesh reduction, Lucy needed the most with the statue David's Vicky has it in for running a close second.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited September 2012

@tlantis: What I can see of the UFO image looks good. But as Horo said, it's a bit dark to get very much detail. Now, as to why nothing was found in Loch Ness, it's precious. Love it. :lol:

Edited for spelling. Another thing I need to learn. :lol:

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited September 2012

This render is inspired by a fantastic work from Horo...Showing a awesome night scene of a lake

Studying his render forced me to use the sky lab very accurate ( i never did this before I used always the color pickers in sky & Fog mode and hovered over the pictograms to set the range )

Thnx Horo, for showing me the picture....

kind Regards...

default2.jpg
    1200 x 575 - 58K
    Post edited by Atlantis on
  • tornadotornado Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Hello !
    I'm new on this forum (but not so new to bryce). Here's my latest render : a little harbor. Any comments are welcome. (And, by the way, please excuse me if I make grammar mistakes, since english isn't my native language)

village_bord_de_mer.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 1M
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

tornado said:
    Hello !
    I'm new on this forum (but not so new to bryce). Here's my latest render : a little harbor. Any comments are welcome. (And, by the way, please excuse me if I make grammar mistakes, since english isn't my native language)

great work - don't worry about your grammar its fine

edited December 1969

tornado said:
    Hello !

Indeed very cool work

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,997
    edited September 2012

Awesome renders by everyone.

David – all your renders are amazing but I think you are overworking poor Vicky.

Jamahoney – I loved the video. I can’t believe it that you did the animation in Bryce.

Chohole – Beautiful landscape. Congrats! All your renders are amazing. Do you use a different terrain for each aspect of the scene? In the foreground the flowery patch near a green patch is lovely. I think you had a link for the bridge in the old forum is it still available to download.

2 versions of a remake of my earlier render of the shoreline and lighthouse beam following Jamahoney’s suggestions. Thanks Jamahoney.

For the 3rd one I followed David’s Hue and Saturation tutorial. I did not understand what he did; I just did want he did.

Bryce 5 minute scene - TA hue saturation shift trick

Like GussNemo, I working with Robin’s tutorials but my results are not so good.

I really regret I gave up on Bryce a few years ago. There is so much inspiration in this forum. It's fun just playing with Bryce too, without doing anything serious.

TA-huasaturation-david.jpg
    650 x 488 - 20K
    lighthouse-shoreline2.jpg
    640 x 422 - 44K
    lighthouseshore4.jpg
    640 x 480 - 31K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited September 2012

Mermaid, yes I often use different terrains for each part of the scene, but in this one the flowery patch was actually made with Bryce trees, the leaves using a users leaf, with trunk made transparent and the tree squashed on the Y axis and lowered so it was mostly hidden, had the branches altered so they were mostly upright as well.

Can't demonstrate exactly waht I mean, because so far I haven't A) re-installed Bryce yet on the new PC and B) the working files for this particular image were backed up on the external drive that failed, so are lost for ever. :-( :down:

Oh and BTW the bridge is still available http://www.sharecg.com/v/61493/gallery/5/3D-Model/Bryce-Old-Rustic-Bridge but mind you it is a horrible mess because I didn't label the various bits nicely. Was one of my early efforts and I hadn't originall maent to share it, just some wanted it, so I did.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited September 2012

@tlantis...oh very nice use of light and colour.

tornado...lovely render. I’m not sure if you’re intentionally creating a lighter-lighted render (nothing wrong with that), but after I increased the contrast in your image, the foreground water boats and all looked superb. Can see, you’re not a noob in Bryce, very well done, and welcome

mermaid...I think you’ve got the beach scene to-a-T...can hear the WHOOOSSSH of the waves, which work ;) I would go for the middle one as I like how the lighthouse beams blends with the lighter sky.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I agree there, sorry Mermaid I forgot to comment in my earlier post, the 2nd one is very atmospheric

• tornadotornado Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Thank you for your nice comments everyone !
    Jamahoney, I agree about the light colors : my render was actually more contrasted but when I turned it into a jpeg with gimp, in order to post it on this forum, the image somehow became half transparent and it lost some of its contrast.
    Mermaid, I also love your beach scenes, there is a great atmosphere here... David Brinnen's tutorials are definitely very useful, aren't they?

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@ Tornado.

my render was actually more contrasted but when I turned it into a jpeg with gimp, in order to post it on this forum,

You can save it as a jpeg straight from Bryce in the File menu. Also check to see if Gamma correction is enabled.
    Click the little triangle to the right of the main green render button on the left and switch it off in the menu that pops up.

edited December 1969

tornado said:
    Hello !

Great scene, the only problem I have with it is everything seems washed out color wise. Seems like the colors should be clearer and crisper?

This discussion has been closed.