My Products Missing From Menu in DAZ - SOLVED

mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but the keyword search doesn't work properly in the forums so I am stuck asking what's been asked before...

I was using DAZ this morning, then installed a new product, and when I went back in the My Products option was missing. This has happened before, usually I just exit and go back in and it's good. Nothing I try can get the My Products option back.

Thanks for your help.

And hey, DAZ, can you fix the keyword search so you get relevant posts on MY PRODUCTS MISSING? Double thanks!

Post edited by mwokee on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is recommend to not have DAZ Studio open when installing with DIM as they may try to acess the database at the same time and that will likely corrupt it forcing you ti re-import the metadata.

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    edited November 2015

I found this on how to re-import the metadata:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/search?Search=import+metadata

Ran OK but I am still failing to get "My Products" and a complete list of contents if I try other options. Genesis 3 is missing along with a number of other items. The Smart Content section is empty. Is there a next step?

Post edited by mwokee on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

What version of DAZ Studio are you using?

What is 'My Products is it a category that you created yourself?   If so, you need to make sure to tick the box 'Usser Data' at the top of the reimport window.

G3F is under Default > Figures > People > Female in my set up.'

edited November 2015

What version of DAZ Studio are you using?

What is 'My Products is it a category that you created yourself?   If so, you need to make sure to tick the box 'Usser Data' at the top of the reimport window.

G3F is under Default > Figures > People > Female in my set up.'

4.8, My Products was always there from the start, it was an option with My Library, etc. It might have been called Product Library. Hard to know when it's missing. :) I don't have anything called DEFAULT to drill down into.

I think the SMart Content being empty is a clue things are corrupt.

So what happens if I uninstall DAZ and reload? I have no custom items I need to save.

Post edited by mwokee on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

If your Content Library pane is missing completely, go to Window > Panes > Content Library to restore it.

If the Content Library pane is there and "Daz Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" show content, but "Products" and "Categories" are empty, then it's a CMS issue.  Do you know if you were using PostgreSQL CMS or the older Valentina CMS?  On the Content Library pane options menu (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner of the pane), is the "Start CMS" option available, and if so does it solve the problem?

edited November 2015

If your Content Library pane is missing completely, go to Window > Panes > Content Library to restore it.

If the Content Library pane is there and "Daz Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" show content, but "Products" and "Categories" are empty, then it's a CMS issue.  Do you know if you were using PostgreSQL CMS or the older Valentina CMS?  On the Content Library pane options menu (rectangle with horizontal lines in the upper corner of the pane), is the "Start CMS" option available, and if so does it solve the problem?

The Content Library is there. The catalyst for this blow up was instally "Wolf 2 by AM." I had been using Daz no problem and after the install BOOM. Start CMS does not resolve the issue.

Maybe it would be helpful if I said I prefer the listing of products in alphabetical order. That is the option I've lost. There are different modes to be in and whatever mode I'm in now, if it's correct, leaves me befuddled.

Post edited by mwokee on

Does your Content Library pane have 5 top-level items (Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Formats, Products, Categories) or just the first 3?

Does your Content Library pane have 5 top-level items (Daz Studio Formats, Poser Formats, Other Formats, Products, Categories) or just the first 3?

First three

Did you install PostgreSQL CMS?

edited November 2015

Did you install PostgreSQL CMS?

Not that I know of. How do you install...?

Post edited by mwokee on

If you use DIM it's called "PostgreSQL CMS"; or you can download it from your Product Library here:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869

If you use DIM it's called "PostgreSQL CMS"; or you can download it from your Product Library here:  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_18869

That fixed everything. The actual category name was "Products." I also had to uninstall and reinstall Wolf 2 by AM for that to show up.

Thanks for your help.