Designing a custom script for rendering in sequence various stills

Greetings, I am trying to design a custom script for DAZ to render out multiple possible hairdos of a single genesis figure and then save each still individually. Manually it's a frustrating experience needing one to keep toggling them(each hairdo) on and off. Naturally this would require the dependencies of the hair to remain for the genesis figure. 

If anyone can kindly point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated. 

Comments

• ( I haven't gotten on this forum for a long time )

I think I have a very crude script that might do what you want.

I like to generate various stills using the timeline. I create each scene/still on the timeline. Then my script will render them to separate image files.

That way I can start rendering and go to bed. Then in the morning they are all there for me.

Let me know if that's what you needed.

• TromNek said:

( I haven't gotten on this forum for a long time )

I think I have a very crude script that might do what you want.

I like to generate various stills using the timeline. I create each scene/still on the timeline. Then my script will render them to separate image files.

That way I can start rendering and go to bed. Then in the morning they are all there for me.

Let me know if that's what you needed.

That's actually a very neat idea. I'm ashamed to say it didn't cross my dullard head at all. A question would this script need you to individually set each scene up even though the variation between the scenes is just one hair piece is visible and the rest are invisible to the render?

• Yes, you would have to setup each frame/scene.

You might be able to modify the script to turn on and off visibility.

But I think it would be easier to just load all the hair and set visibility on/off for each frame.

How many different hair items do you want to render ?

I use this script so that I can create hi-res images overnight in batch.

• LordGeneralLordGeneral Posts: 106

Thanks very much Trom. I decided to follow your advice. But I also decided to pair back the number of hair pieces so the need for a script was vastly reduced. Again thank you for taking the time out to respond to my query.